Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Tucker is so mistreated!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alicia Conklin
      Participant
      721 posts Send Private Message

Or so he’d like to have everyone think.  He’s been having free range of his pen, my office and the kitchen for the last week or so, from about 8am until 11pm or later every night.  In the morning this morning he was yanking on his door the second he saw me enter the room! “Let me out! Let me out!” is what he’d have been saying if he could talk.  He ran right out and hopped into his play house as if it was his long lost friend that he’s never allowed to play in.  I’m so mean..making him stay in his huge pen for 9 whole hours!!  And by the way he has me trained so that I will wait up until after his evening energy spurt so that he has the kitchen and office to run through and me and the cats to play with while he’s all hyper.  This is why I need to get him neutered and get him a friend.  UGH! Why does it need to be so expensive down here????

• Cassi&Charlie
        Participant
        1260 posts Send Private Message

I love it how bunnies pretend to be so hard done by. Charlie will sit in his open cage behind the bars and give me such a sad bunny look that I can almost hear the violins in the background! He knows he’s not locked in but likes to play the mistreated bunny…weird.

• kimberleyanddarren
          Participant
          2520 posts Send Private Message

have you thought about driving for an hour or two? I know alot of people have found that by driving a couple hours they can save a fortune.

• Alicia Conklin
            Participant

Yea that’s with driving about an hour and a half to two hours away. NEARBY there’s nothing..at all. So not only is it the 150-350 that they’re saying it COULD be (they won’t give me an exact price and they say it depends on how it goes??????) but it’s also about 40 bucks atleast in gas. And honestly after talking with them all the only one that I REALLY feel comfortable with is the one that’s 2.5 hours away and 350-500 for the neuter. And they possibly have to keep him overnight which means I’d either be spending double in gas or staying at a hotel overnight. It’s very frustrating and I want to get it done ASAP which at this point is now October because of our last minute trip that we have to take..but with me not knowing how much to budget even it’s making it really hard.

• kimberleyanddarren
              Participant

usually the price only goes up when there are complications. it can be expensive but its so worth it, looks like its just another one for the credit card lol

• Alicia Conklin
                Participant

Yea if I had a credit card it wouldn’t be so bad, but I don’t so it has to come out of a paycheck. From what they were telling me it goes up based not only on complication but on what time they were able to get started and that if they were able to do it first thing that it’d be cheaper because if not then he’d be there longer and therefore cost more. And this wasn’t based on if I got him there early enough, it was based on what THEIR schedule was like. Which to me, doesn’t seem like that should be my fault or something that I have to pay extra for. If I have an appt at a certain time and they’re late doing it I shouldn’t have to pay more because my rabbit was waiting there longer and at their office longer then their expected timeframe.

Another office basically wasn’t able to give me any concrete price regardless. She just said it would be “one hundred and fifty plus” what the plus was she could not say.

I then talked to the one that’s 2.5 hours away and they were so much more even at their bottom dollar price but they were atleast breaking it down for me. She then said “I know we sound like we’re high but we’re not really, all those other places that say it’ll be 150.00 are not including any of the things that I have just said, so once it’s all said and done that place will cost you 350.00 as well” So i don’t know if she’s telling the truth or not..but if she is 350.00 is a lot. Its not something that I can just come up with easily unfortunately. I should have looked into vets before getting him I guess, but I never dreamed neutering would cost that much.

• kimberleyanddarren
                  Participant

yeah its a tough thing, i dont think its right they should charge you more for waiting their longer seems very odd to me :S the only thing for it would be to save up then i guess, sorry i cant really give you anymore answers, unless you looked at driving more like 4hrs and got someone who does it for 150?

• JamieM
                    Participant
                    321 posts Send Private Message

You could take a little ($50) out of your check and anything extra you get (I don’t know if you get overtime or not) and save all that until you have it… that’s what I do when I need to pay for something big but that you know you have to pay for ahead of time. OR could you pick up extra hours? I know these things happen at my job and it’s easy for me to do, but I don’t know your schedule.

ALSO! Save change. I don’t know about you, but I’m always amazed at how much money I end up with if I don’t ever spend my change. About $200 just this summer!

• kimberleyanddarren
                      Participant

yes thats a good idea, i save £2 coins (you dont get that many but when you save them they add up!

• Ang
                        Participant
                        257 posts Send Private Message

wow nutering is so cheap where i am its 41$ for moreland. i am sorr for you.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Tucker is so mistreated!