Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Trouble with Litter Training

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sequia
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

I have 2 bunnies and they are out of thier hutch most of the day. When they are in the main part of the hutch they pee and poop all over it. I have a litter box in their, with hay in a holder just above it. I also have a litter box outside the cage. They do not pee outside the hutch but sometimes they poop. My main concern is the hutch. I have a hard time keeping it clean and have tried different litter, different bedding and no bedding (which they do prefer). I am at a loss as of what to do. They are both fixed and I have had Bugsy since December 2007 and Benji since April 2008.

Any suggestions?

• kimberleyanddarren
        Participant
        2520 posts Send Private Message

what size is the hutch? the reason i ask is because if its a large hutch and the litter box only takes up lets say 1/4 of the space i would recommend putting in more than one, basically so there is nowhere for them to go except in a litter tray, then you gradually remove them one by one until they are only using one tray, do they have a prefered corner or is it just everywhere? what about putting some hay actually into the box? are you mopping up any pee and putting it into the box? as this may also help. keep us posted!

• Sequia
          Participant
          5 posts Send Private Message

I have tried putting in 2 boxes but it blocks one of the entrances to part of the hutch. If I can figure out how to add a picture, I will of the hutch.

I have the hay right above the litter so they have to go into the box to get to the hay.

They go everywhere.

They don’t pee anywhere else except in the hutch.

Cynthia

182721432371.jpg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Trouble with Litter Training