Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Trouble litter box training

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cookie&Clover
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

My first bunny Cookie has always had great litter box habits, even before being spayed. We got her a friend (who is also neutered) a few months ago. They’ve been bonded but the new bunny has had several accidents outside of the litter box. It’s mostly little poops throughout the house but I’ve tried everything and can’t get him to stop. Please help!

• Brooke
        Participant
        2 posts Send Private Message

Hi! I’ve had two rabbits – the first was already litter trained from birth and the other was given from a friend so we had to train her ourselves. I understand how frustrating it can be! Like yours, the second rabbit (Fleur) was introduced to my first rabbit (Alfie) and she had problems with pooping and peeing everywhere. It took time and sometimes when we thought she was better she went and had an accident somewhere. Every time she would wee where she shouldn’t I’d grab newspaper, try sopping up the pee as much as I could and put it in her litter tray. Then I’d clean the area well so that there was no trace that she ever went there. It was the same with poops too. Pick them up and put them where she suppose to go. I’m sure Cookie will eventually teach her good habits though even if it takes some time!

I hope this helps!

• Asriel and Bombur
          Participant
          1104 posts Send Private Message

Pooping throughout someplace usually signifies territorial behavior. How did you go about bonding them and how long did it take? Do they ever have little tifs or do you ever see fur pulled out anywhere?

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes new couples mark a lot, but it usually gets better with time.

If they have a lot of space, it might help to restrict it a bit for a little while to help him get more organized so to speak.

If the area is huge, additional boxes might help too.

That said, some buns will just leave single poops around no matter what!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Trouble litter box training