Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Trio Tribulations

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Vvvvvvvvvv
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone!

I had two pairs of rabbit for many years (Scotch+Fawkes and Jax+Jin). Unfortunately, in January one of my rabbits passed away (Scotch), so I bonded my third rabbit (Fawkes) into my remaining pair (Jin+Jax) without much issue at all, much to my surprise.

The problem now is, although there is no fighting or any aggressive behavior, Jax, one of the original rabbits in the pair, seems to be excluded by the other two. For example, Jin and Fawkes are always cuddling and grooming one another, while Jax sits by himself in the corner.

Is this something I should worry about? Is there any way to fix this? I feel really guilty for bringing in Fawkes and potentially ruining the relationship Jin and Jax had. Especially since Jax seems very lonely despite being in the same cage.

• Wick & Fable
        5782 posts Send Private Message

Since rabbit socialization works in a hierarchical fashion (i.e., dominant vs. submissive roles), it is not unusual for grooming behavior to be skewed; that being said, being bullied/excluded is not a healthy dynamic either. Does it appear they are all truly a bonded trio or are the remaining pair simply tolerating Fawkes? How are interactions between Fawkes and the two of them?

I’m very sorry to hear of Scotch’s passing. It could be that Fawkes is a bit timid due to the recent passing and perhaps needs more time to open up and engage more with the other rabbits… how is Fawkes overall behaviors? Eating, pooping, energy..?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Trio Tribulations