Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Trim Defense

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • JackWabbit13
      Participant
      73 posts Send Private Message

IT’S FINALLY HAPPENING!

We’re moving in! I have a perfect sized nook in my room for Jumping Jack’s pen, and it’s full of delicious baseboard…

You know what, I’m not gonna go and make this long, this will be short and sweet. I need an idea on how to protect the baseboard and doorway trim in my room from my rabbit, but still have it look nice. What do y’all got for me?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to help me!

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

I’ve seen some people get this mini white-picket fencing and line the baseboards with that. I thought it looked very cute and functional!

Other things I’ve seen are to attach panels of wood (meant to be chewed) or acrylic plastic over the base of the walls.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Wick & Fable
          5781 posts Send Private Message

I think solid grid panels can be nice, or regular grids that you hang fabric on or something so it’s like a nice, decorative room trim!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
            16898 posts Send Private Message

It isn’t pretty, but several layers of cardboard can do the trick too.

• Cinnamon Bun
              Participant
              205 posts Send Private Message

Okay, so there are these transparent baseboard protectors on Amazon, and they’re really aesthetically pleasing. They’re made of silicone and they’re bendy so you can stick them on wall corners and baseboards you don’t want buns to chew!

(I can’t add pictures from this phone for some reason… sorry.)

• JackWabbit13
                  Participant

That’d be nice! I’ll take a look at those. Do they have them for doorways too? I eventually want my whole room (and maybe bathroom) bunny-proofed, so I’d like to keep my doorways safe too

• Cinnamon Bun
                    Participant
                    205 posts Send Private Message

I’m don’t know if they can be used for doors, actually. I’ve never used them but I know bun YouTubers that do use them for corners and baseboards. But definitely try searching for door frame protectors – I’m sure you’ll find something helpful.

I’ve just adopted a baby bun so I’m actually going to start looking into bunny-proofing all my corners and cords and wires, so they don’t get chomped to bits (babies sure love “taste testing”)! <3

• DanaNM
                    8930 posts Send Private Message

You reminded me I’ve also used these “corner protectors” for the edges of things. Depending on the shape of your baseboards they may not work, but for simple corners they would work well. If you search for “corner protectors for walls” you can find them.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• JackWabbit13
                        Participant

They look like they should fit nicely. I could sure try them out

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Trim Defense