Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Tractor supply hay

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      446 posts Send Private Message

Sorry for posting twice in one day. Things are getting a bit tight and I was wondering if I can use hay from Tractor Supply instead of buying Oxbow from Chewy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

We’re happy that you’re posting twice in one day, so no need to be sorry, be proud instead.

Hay that’s suitable for horses is as a rule suitable for buns, unless it has a high percentage of alfalfa. Alfalfa is a legume and as such it has too much protein and calcium to suit adult healthy buns.

I give my buns horse hay from a person I know who grows his own hay for his own horses. I also give some Oxbow timothy hay and some Norwegian oat hay, plus fresh grass, mostly orchard because it grows wild here.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

As long as it’s grass hay (no alfalfa mixed in) and seems fresh (doesn’t smell musty), then it’s fine!

I buy bales of hay for my buns (I have 4!) and they love it. Mine honestly snub the oxbow hay whenever I’ve had to get some in a pinch.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• BZOO
            Participant
            330 posts Send Private Message

Chewy also has a huge bale of tightly compressed hay for $30.

It’s Bermuda grass, just got some.  Crew seems to like it, it smells great.

• Azerane
              4688 posts Send Private Message

I buy all of my hay by the bale from fodder stores similar to tractor supply. It’s so much cheaper, as mentioned just avoid alfalfa hay and feed a grass hay. 😁

• LBJ10
                16908 posts Send Private Message

If it’s fresh, then it should be fine. Just verify what it is. As others said, you want to avoid alfalfa.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Tractor supply hay