Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE toys for giant rabbits?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Toulouse
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

I got my young English lop a couple of months ago. We have had very few problems other than the fact that I can’t seem to find suitable things, hides in particular, for her size. I’ve tried cardboard boxes, as many people seem to recommend, but she tears them open and flips them over to sit on them, so she may need something a bit heavier to function as a hide rather than an oversized toy. Are there any websites or stores I should look at? Toy recommendations are also welcome—she tends to like willow balls and corn husk toys the most. I’ve tried wooden chews with her, but she wants nothing to do with them.

• Toulouse
        Participant
        8 posts Send Private Message

It has come to my attention that rabbits actually shouldn’t have corn husks, should they eat them. I will be removing them from her pen and refraining from giving them to her unsupervised in the future. (she does not have a blockage—she never ate them much, mostly chewed holes and shredded them, and hasn’t touched any in days) I do usually try to check new ingredients to make sure, but I admit this one slipped by me because it was a brand I’ve trusted for years.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

My rabbits all love palm plates and grass mats for chewing. Willow and apple sticks (fresh ones!) are also a favorite. It can def take some experimentation to find chews that your bun likes.

As for hides, you could build one out of wood (there are also a lot of “Ikea hacks” using various wooden crates they sell), or you can get a plastic laundry basket and cut some doors into it. They make great hides and you could likely find one big enough for your bun.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

You can try cat houses too.

• JoanHerman
              Participant
              1 posts Send Private Message

For a sturdier hide, check online pet stores like Chewy or Amazon for larger rabbit hideouts. Stick to willow balls and corn husk toys if she enjoys them, and consider tunnels or woven grass mats as alternatives. Experiment to find her favorite toys!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE toys for giant rabbits?