Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Toys for bunny?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • marshmallow
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys,

I have tried making toys out of toilet rolls, cardboards etc for my bunny but he doesn’t play with them! I bought squeaky toys and balls for him but he just ignores them. He only plays with a treat ball toy, but I can’t provide him with treats the entire day, so he just sleeps most of the time, and I’m afraid that I’m not giving him enough entertainment. Are there any toys/entertainment ideas that I can use? He likes to dig and chew on stuff that he’s not supposed to chew, haha.

• Asriel and Bombur
        Participant
        1104 posts Send Private Message

My boys don’t really play with toys either. I think some bunnies just aren’t stimulated by them. They both do however love a good hay or seagrass mat. They dig at it and chew it every so often. It’s really the only thing that catches their fancy. You could give that a go and even try a dig box

• joea64
          Participant
          1423 posts Send Private Message

Panda and Fernando have fairly simple tastes in toys – they do like their woven-grass chew toys, and they have some wooden toys that I bought at the vet’s office (which sells toys and treats for exotic pets) some months back. Their favorite entertainment, though – especially Fernando’s – appears to be chewing on cardboard hidey boxes; I had to replace another one just the other day!

• Luna
            Participant
            2219 posts Send Private Message

As long as you are offering a variety of toys and social time, you’re doing great . Buns are crepuscular, so they aren’t too active during the day. You’re right that mental stimulation is important, but even just spending time with your bun by simply sitting with him and talking or petting him is good for him too. And sometimes buns are disinterested in a particular toy and then all of a sudden one day will play with it again. I agree with the others that a digging box sounds like a good idea since your bun likes to dig.

Luna loves the treat ball as well. Instead of treats, I just use her portion of pellets for the day and put those in the ball. It gives her more time with the treat ball than if I were to use a couple treats, and it also helps prevent her from inhaling all of her pellets at once. I bought her these stacking cups a while ago that she likes to knock over and toss around too (but if your bun likes to chew on stuff he’s not supposed to, just make sure to put them away when you aren’t in the room).

https://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Stack-Up-Cups/dp/B00005C5H4/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1536357022&sr=8-2&keywords=child+stacking+cups

• BunBun260
              Participant
              132 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit is the same way. I bought tons of toys and he touches none of them. The only thing he seems to like is willow sticks. He likes to throw them and chew them. The best entertainment is to just give them a lot of space to run around. Join in the fun as well. My bunny loves to hop around me, lay down with me, and follow me around.

• LuigiTheBunny
                Participant
                13 posts Send Private Message

Have you tried leaving a huge cardboard box for him to chew on? I assume you’re using corrugated cardboard. My bun loves to chew, too. He has a variety of untreated and unfinished cardboard boxes lying around the room for him to chew, shred, and hide in. Squeaky toys and balls (without treats) aren’t necessarily very interesting for most rabbits IMO. If it’s not something that satisfies their natural instinct to eat, chew, and dig, it’s not going to hold their attention for long. I’m not saying NO bunny ever enjoys these toys, but mine could care less if you toss him a ball with no treats attached to it. How about something like willow branches? Luigi loves those, as well as balls made of straw that he can just destroy.

• Q8bunny
                  Participant
                  6345 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit’s most used toys are still his little beach ball, and his cardboard box.

He plays a bit less with his stuffed penguin and his baby keys.

And nearly ignores everything else we buy him, unless it’s in his way, in which case he’ll toss it aside once, disdainfully.

• sarahthegemini
                    Participant
                    5584 posts Send Private Message

I bought a cardboard cat scratching tunnel and it is probably their favourite toy ever! It’s holding up well (they’ve had it for 6 weeks now) They dig and chew…often at 4am :-/ But hey, keeps them happy lol.

• Q8bunny
                      Participant
                      6345 posts Send Private Message

Must find one of those ?

• Mac & Rooney bunnies
                        Participant
                        2 posts Send Private Message

I know my 2 boys aren’t crazy about toys either. So if you are worried about your rabbits stimulation I recommend
                          Trying a digging box… put soil, or dirt and put it In a Box then put a couple of fun little things in the box this way your rabbit can explore and dig something that is ment for him???

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Toys for bunny?