Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Toy recommendations?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • ChaoticPan
      Participant
      11 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit Doesnt seem to enjoy any of her toys. Ive gotten treat despensing balls, numerous wood chews, tp rolls, etc. Ive even gotten her puzzle feeders. What kind of toys do your bunnys like?

• Bam
        16838 posts Send Private Message

I agree it can be very difficult to find toys that a rabbit likes. My bun uses her treatball and a snuffle mat for her daily pellet ration. She gets fresh apple twigs every day, luckily I have access to pesticide free apple twigs. She’s very good at stripping the bark off of them. I’ve made a blanket digging corner on my couch, she really likes to dig. She also has two bathroom mats that she demolishes part of most days (this would not be good if your bun actually eats non-food stuff, my bun just chews and pulls off bits ).

If your bun is free roam and you have more than one room, you can keep your bun’s interest in exploring up by only letting her into one or more of the other rooms, say the bedroom, occasionally. That room will then become bunny-Narnia.

How old is your bun? Adult buns often don’t play very much, especially if they haven’t been used to playing from when they were very young.

• ChaoticPan
          Participant

She is about 4 or 5, and is freeroam except for when my boyfriend and I arent home. We recently moved so I am still trying to bunny proof everything.

• Wick & Fable
            5771 posts Send Private Message

I’ve found not only does the physical toy itself hold varying interest per rabbit (ex. some like willow balls, some don’t), but also how and where it’s presented also can influence preference. More often than not, I don’t really notice many rabbits interacting with toys just laying around in their open environment very often. If I’m interacting with them or putting food by them/messing with the toys however, rabbits are more likely to engage with them as well (whether that’s “playing” or frustration/annoyance…. who knows, haha). So I’d also try to be hands-on with holding toys up and seeing if that spurs additional engagement activities.

My Reddit profile posts have some enrichment/engagement ideas and examples you can explore: https://www.reddit.com/user/WickandFable/posts/

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• ChaoticPan
              Participant

Thank you so much!! Im so glad I found this place everyone is so nice and helpful!

• DanaNM
                8901 posts Send Private Message

Mine tend to like things they can destroy. They are picky about their wood. Fresh twigs are a hit, they go crazy for fresh willow or apple twigs. They also love organic palm plates and sea grass mats.  🙂 They also really like balsa wood but they go through it SO fast and they are kind of expensive, so they only get those as a special treat.

Mine also like to tunnel around in things, so I will stuff a hide, tunnel, or maze with brown paper and they push it around and shred it. One of my buns, Bonnie, really likes “redecorating” cardboard box hides. I will cut a couple entry/ exit holes and windows in a box, and then she will spend a lot of time on expanding them to her liking. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• BZOO
                  Participant
                  327 posts Send Private Message

Cardboard is the fave with Walter and Boo.

A box they can fit in, then put down those cardboard cat scratcher refills…cut to fit.  They love to dig, dig, dig on these.  The last one had a gap in the middle that I stuffed with hay.

I only cut one door in the box so they can customize their own, if they want.

An inexpensive toy that provides DAYS of great fun!

• LBJ10
                    16870 posts Send Private Message

Baby stacking cups are popular.

• Blue_Bunny
                      Participant
                      7 posts Send Private Message

AS LBJ10 suggested.. i heard many buying baby stacking cups..

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                        Participant
                        300 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies’ three favorite toys are baby keys, seagrass mats, and cardboard cat house ( the ones from target are best ). Hopefully you find something your bun loves!

• prince dorian the bun
                          Participant
                          743 posts Send Private Message

Dorian has a couple favorite toys, this colored stick and ball contraption he will pick up and roll about but has barely chewed (it was his first toy), a box full of shredded paper he loves digging in and occasionally dragging all the paper out and across the living room and through his tunnels, and his tunnels.

Miu my new bunny like rattles and solid wood things she can gnaw. She also seems to enjoy tubes. I am still learning about her.

I found a bunny subscription box was great as it gave me variety and eventually figured out which ones Dorian liked.

• DixonDad
                            Participant
                            5 posts Send Private Message

My bunny loves everything cardboard. I also try to get him a lot of engagement toys, so stuff that I can hide his daily veggies inside works really well (cardboard tubes, amazon gift bag, small boxes, etc). He feels really proud of himself when he finds a snack, and he likes it when I watch him run around and forage for his veggies. I also got him those dog speech buttons that you can set to your own voice, and he loves those because it gives him another way to communicate with me. I trained him to use them with the “snack” button because he’s very food motivated, but the one he uses the most is his “dad” button because it summons me.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Toy recommendations?