Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Tooth grinding while being pet?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • snowbunbun
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

Sorry if this is kind of an obvious question, but I haven’t found anything else on this type of thing really. So, I know that bunnies do grind their teeth while they are being pet and it is the kind that shows they’re comfortable, but it makes more of a ‘purring’ sound. Snow HAS been grinding his teeth when he’s being pet, but its not making the quick, chattering noise that people mistake for purring. It sounds like he’s just grinding his teeth together, kind of what you’d expect if a bunny was in pain, but he ONLY does it when he’s being pet? He doesn’t seem to be in any pain and is eating perfectly fine as well as going to the bathroom normally, seems completely healthy. No hunched positions either. He also does really enjoy being pet.

So, is it that some bunnies just don’t make the exact ‘purring’ noise with their teeth? Or maybe something is hurting him that I’m just not seeing? If that’s the case, does anyone have any idea as to why he’d only do it when being pet?

• easter
        Participant
        29 posts Send Private Message

I’d say he is just a weird purrer, but check his back for bruises or cuts, and check for diluted pupils (white edge around the eye) when you pet him
          Best of wishes
          Easter

• Bam
          16838 posts Send Private Message

The “purring” can have different intensity and frequence. Sometimes it’s audible from metres away and sometimes it’s so soft it can only be felt with your fingers on the bun’s head. It can depend on who is petting the bun, my bun Bam tooth-purred more audibly when his granny pet him. He always sought her out for pets, she was his favorite person.

• Hattrick
            Participant
            6 posts Send Private Message

Ours does this too. It just means he’s *really* happy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Tooth grinding while being pet?