Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Too slippery for bunny?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • stahn
      Participant
      26 posts Send Private Message

Hi all!

My bunny is about 8 months old and just wondering about the below concerns

1. My bunny will tend to slip on the laminate flooring when he is excited or running around especially he is trying to leap back into the green pen (used to call it a cage but i took out the metal bars and it left only the pen so i call it the green pen haha). It kinda hurts me when he try to leap into the pen as he will trip and hit his hind legs against the edge of the pen before landing inside.

I used to have a little rubber mat for him at the side so that he can just leap inside but he will chew it and swallow. So i took that away.

So is it wise to let him leap and learn? (when he is calm, he is okay but when he is not, he will kinda hit the edge when jumping)

2. The cardboard housing that you see in the picture keeps getting chewed on by him. The problem is that he chew and swallow the cardboard too. I am wondering if its safe to keep it there and let him chew on it?

3. Is it okay for a bunny to have just the staircase for him to hide? He loves to go into the cardboard housing but every now and then, he will chew on it

Hope to get some advise from experienced bunny lovers here!

Thank you!

• sarahthegemini
        Participant
        5584 posts Send Private Message

Chewing on cardboard is fine, even if he ingests a little. How much is he actually swallowing? For the flooring, have you thought about fleece blankets?

• Azerane
          4688 posts Send Private Message

I also would recommend fleece blankets. If you can get them big enough so that they sit under the castle, under the edges of the playpen and under the green pen, the weight of those objects will hold it in place so that it doesn’t slip around when he’s jumping/running on it. Some bunnies chew holes, a few here and there are fine, fleece doesn’t have long fibres so ingesting a tiny bit is fine, however if he chews on it a lot and eats it it would be best to take it away and try something else.

In regards to the cardboard, ingesting a little bit is fine, ingesting a lot can lead to impaction in the gut.

• stahn
            Participant

Posted By sarahthegemini on 1/29/2017 5:14 PM

Chewing on cardboard is fine, even if he ingests a little. How much is he actually swallowing? For the flooring, have you thought about fleece blankets?

Hi there, he swallow about 5% of the structure there though so i guess its okay? The flooring yes you got a point there, i will place a fleece blanket there =)

Thank you!

• stahn
              Participant

thank you so much for all your replies! i will see what the fleece blanket can do for him. Thank you again!

• Vienna Blue in France
                Participant
                5317 posts Send Private Message

Hey Stahn – hi. Lovely green pen for your bun!
                  May I ask, what are those white grids I can see in your litter tray / old cage without cage…? lol

That looks like a perfect wee filter grid. Did it come with the cage or did you make it from something?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Too slippery for bunny?