Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR to eat or not to eat is the question..lol…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Carolyn
      Participant
      95 posts Send Private Message
        So I kind of have a funny story about cookie.

My rabbit cookie is just under a year old, she is a very active rabbit. On Friday Cookie was her normal playful self and eating like a little pig as always.

Saturday morning, Cookie wasn’t her normal self. When I put her in the hallway to play she sat at the end, by my bed room where the cool air was coming from the air conditioner, I figured she was hot, it was going to be a hot day. When I put her back in her cage she didn’t even look at her breakfast. I figured it was the weather; the air had only been on for an hour so the apartment wasn’t cooled off yet or a noise or something was bothering her. We went on with our day, keeping an eye on her hoping she eats something.

At 3:30, She still hadn’t eaten anything so we call the vet to see if the rabbit vet was working today But she had the day off, The other vets in the area was closed so if we called it would have been an emergency appointment and we really didn’t want to pay for it. Then our vets’ office called back and said they can give us some Critical care for rabbits to see if we can get her to eat. If not then to get her to a vet’s first thing in the morning.

So we went and got the stuff for cookie, and when we got home, made the stuff up for her. Guess what she started to eat, Very little, so I syringed some of the critical care into Cookies mouth so she had something little more on her tummy then the little bit of mint she just ate.

So we gave our rabbits there nightly veggies, Cookie picked at her but didn’t really eat much. So I asked my boyfriend if I should give her a little more of the critical care before we go to bed so we know she has something on her stomach, As we sat here discussing it she started to eat again…..kind of funny…almost like she knows I’m coming with that stuff again to put in her mouth so she is eating again….lol…she must of not liked it.

Hopefully it was just a heat thing and she’ll be fine for the rest of the weekend……of course we well be keeping a close eye on her.

182333359071.JPG

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

lol, awww is she okay now?

• MimzMum
          Participant
          8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh how darling she is! A rex, huh? I just adopted a mini-rex this week. I hope Cookie is feeling better soon!

• Carolyn
            Participant

Well Cookie seem to back to herself this morning.   She has eatten all her veggies and pellets sometime in the night.  This morning she is active again.  Playing with her toys and waiting for her play time. Of course I’ll be still keeping a very close eye on her today to make sure she ok.

It’s scarry to go though something like that.  So I don’t know if it was just from the heat yesturday,or if her tummy was upset, or she was just upset about somthing.  Crazy rabbits.

I have two min rex, Cookie and Scamper,  They are very active, and always looking for trouble…=-)…

• Hedi
              Participant
              969 posts Send Private Message

I have one minirex that does this more and more often. But I think it is just gas. I give her GasX thru a syringe and usually w/ in an hour or so she is back to normal. If the Gas X doesnt work then I willl use the Critical Care but it freaks my little girl out so bad I avoid it if I can.

• MimzMum
                Participant
                8029 posts Send Private Message

So do mini rexes have stomach ailments often? This might be something I should watch out for with Fiver.

• Carolyn
                  Participant

I don’t know if it common for min rex’s to have tummy issues. I’ve only had my rabbits go off there food three times. As explained above was cookies issue. Scamper my other min rex is sentive, he gets upset easy, and well go off his food. But it never lasted as long as cookie’s did.

I try and stay away the foods that could cause gas for rabbits, just to advoid a potential problem.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

Cute rabbit! I’m so glad cookie’s eating now-that’s great the vet’s office was thinking and phoned you back about the critical care

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR to eat or not to eat is the question..lol…