Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR time for the ol’ snipperoo

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lion-O's Mamma
      Participant
      47 posts Send Private Message

well yesterday lion-o was digging at my bedskirt and i was using my fingers to immitate him. this is fairly routine play for us. suddenly he started lunging at me and actually bit my finger!  i squealed and then said "NO!" a few minutes later the same thing happened. he’s been leaving a steadily increasing number of territory poops around my apartment, and now he’s getting aggressive, so on monday i’m calling the vet to make an appointment to get him neutered. i can’t really afford it right now, but it’s got to be done. i’ll just have to cut back on my chocolate intake for awhile i guess….

any advice from you more experienced bunny parents?

• Martie
        Participant
        82 posts Send Private Message

good luck with Liono, cute name, he looks just like my MoSimba coloring wise but my bun must be only 1/2 lion since he’s not got near that much mane.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Maybe he grew offended with the mimmicking so you might want to stop for a bit.  I don’t think that your fingers will take too much more biting since he is not responding to voice commands.  You can also try placing your hand on top of his head and gently press his head down into submission.  This can sometimes help, but not always. Oh no, cut back on chocolate??? We have to set up a Lion-O chocolate fund!!!

• Floppy
            Participant
            490 posts Send Private Message

Animal Planet had this commercial the other day…
              I found the link, its suppose to help find places for spay and neuter…
              I think it might help with finding low cost ones in your area. Here is
              the LINK  I hope it helps. Goodluck with that!

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

yep – it sounds like it’s time for sure!

you might also call the Wisconsin branch of HRS to see if they know of any low cost neuter programs.
                http://www.wisconsinhrs.org/Index.html

• Lion-O's Mamma
                Participant
                47 posts Send Private Message

appointment is for thursday morning. i was quite pleased when i made the appointment and they told me to make sure to bring some food along with him so he can eat before and after the surgery.  good to know they know what they’re talking about. none of this fasting business like with dogs and cats. also, it will be $150 not the $250 that i was quoted. apparently someone made a typo when responding to my email. so my chocolate intake shouldn’t be affected.  i’ll be sure and let you all know how everything goes.

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

Whew! Well thank goodness the chocolate will not be affected!  Let us know how it goes and if you have any pre or post-op questions!

• Gravehearted
                    Participant
                    2428 posts Send Private Message

oo that’s a relief! glad you’ve got an appointment set and hope all will go well.

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

awww Lion-o!!!

i remember when Meadow started the biting and as "knowledgable" as i think i am about bunnies… for two seconds i was really mad and fed up and hurt and i didn’t want to be around her… i can *almost* see how people who have no clue about rabbits would be ready to give up… but i just reminded myself that it was hormomes  and that it would most likely pass…  that’s so great of you to set up his appointment ASAP so you can get back to that loving relationship you guys have…

• babybunsmum
                        Participant
                        3896 posts Send Private Message

yay!  a relief to know you’ve found a good vet isn’t it?  and nice when typos mean you pay LESS instead of more

p.s.  i like your signature… reminds me of the movie ‘what the bleep’

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                          Participant
                          12067 posts Send Private Message

lion-o
                            Kokanee does that too…For some reason she HATES pretend digging near her…Maybe it is somehow a threatening gesture? She gets growly and lunges -and she NEVER behaves that way otherwise…

Anyways let us know how the spay goes! And thats wondeful you found a good vet!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR time for the ol’ snipperoo