Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Thunder Storms

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Carolyn
      Participant
      95 posts Send Private Message

Do you find that thunder storms sometimes upset your bunnies???

We had a storm here tonight; I didn’t think it was that bad. But my boyfriend called to make sure I know where the flash light was because the lights had flickered a couple of times where he works.

My bunny Scamper seems to be upset tonight. He was out for play time, I did the normal giving him trouble for going on the floor and picking him up and putting him the litter box for a reminder then he has not come out of his cage since. He has not even touched his veggies, he been hiding in his house most of the night since the heavy rain outside.

He was acting normal  all day so I’m not worried that he sick, although as a new bunnies mom I worry too much about when they do eat or act like normal.

He now sitting on top of his house….do you think the storm outside has upset him???…I know when he get upset it takes awhile for him to relax again…I’m sure his veggies well be gone before morning.

• Carolyn
        Participant
        95 posts Send Private Message

Its 4am now and I’m up checking on my rabbits and scampers eatten most of his veggies…… So I think the storm upset him.

Do you think thats possible??…do other bunnies get upset or act stage when their is a storm in the area???

• bunnytowne
          Participant
          7537 posts Send Private Message

Laith would get nervous during thunderstorms   had a dog afraid of lightening and fireworks and thunder too she would shake n shake

my boxer spar was sleeping on the floor and a storm came we had door open and kaboooom a very loud rolling thunder came whew spar jumped off the floor 4 ft no kidding from a sound sleep was hilarious poor dog.  she was looking around liek what was that every since then she is afraid of storms and fireworks

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

Definitely possible for them to be scared-it’s loud and for sure upsetting. Many animals are afraid of thunder. I used to live in southern Ontario and we got lots of thunder storms. My dog was always fine until one day we were out in the yard and a tree two houses over was struck, it caught on fire, fell on a car. My dog was psycho upset about storms after that, and would hide in the basement for hours BEFORE they happend. Poor little girl.

• Sage Cat
              Participant
              1883 posts Send Private Message

My parents had a Golder retriever that was terrified of storms and wold start acting nervous several hours before the storm hit. And they lived in Houston at the time – she was a nervous wreck during hurricanes.

We get incredible wind storms here in Denver during the summer – I’m sure the bun’s will not like them.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Thunder Storms