Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR THUMPING!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • Floppy
      Participant
      490 posts Send Private Message

OMG! I just heard Floppy THUMP for the first time! He did it a couple times

after he heard the tv make some lightening sounds and some shooting sounds

(Ratatouille…in the beginning with the weird old lady in her house…) and boy

did he not like that, it was shocking and funny at the same time…boy does

he have some attitude! I wonder if it’s cause he didn’t like it or if he was warning

me about something…I got to read up on my rabbit body language again!

what a character he is! Shheeeesh!

BTW this is a great site for rabbit body language

PS I think he was trying to warn me…like, "hey I heard some noise and I didn’t

like it!!!"

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

LOL, Floppy. It is amazing the noises they can make. I am sure he was warning you about the dangers of too much tv. Shadow thumps when I have the unmitigated gall to clean his home. He thumps when I remove his stinky litter box and sweep up his poos.

• Thumpers_Mom
          Participant
          171 posts Send Private Message

How cute!

Thumper just thumped for the first time today! Ever since Peaches came home. He is a thumping machine…

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

hehe mine thump all the time! Usually for attention or to be territorial but I remember when we first got Kokanee, and we put on a scary movie…we had the lights off and the volume up and as soon as the scary parts came on she was taring around thumping-Sje was sooo MAD it was really hilarious! We couldnt’ stop giggling…Had to turn the volume down Now shes fine though, definitely very de-sensitized, as she can watch any movie or hang out all evening with us listening to music and she is fine with it!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

my first bun Stephen only thumped, maybe 2 or 3 times the entire time we had him.  Meadow thumps most every day… it’s usually not because of danger, just rabbitude.

• MarkBun
                Participant
                2842 posts Send Private Message

Everytime I let Maryann out of her cage, she hops over to her primary warren (a sewing table leaning against a wall), puts her nose into the tunnel it makes, thumps and then enters. One day she went behind it and didn’t thump. I got worried.

Also, when she used to get under my bed, she would thump non-stop. A thump every three seconds. I still have no idea what that could have meant other than “Neener neener neener! You can’t get me!”

• Lion-O's Mamma
                  Participant
                  47 posts Send Private Message

LOL! Lion-O does that occassionally, the whole thing with going under the bed and thumping. Usually when I’m trying to sleep in late and he wants me to get up. Or when I have to take him to the vet and I’m trying to catch him. He’ll look right at me and go "thump….thump………….THUMP"

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                    Participant
                    2517 posts Send Private Message

Frankie does a little foot thump before he jumps up onto furniture… I guess it’s like a “Look out, here I come!”

Anyone else’s bun do this?

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

Meadow likes my couch.  but so do i.  so when i’m sitting there, she’ll jump up.  if i’m reading a book or something, i don’t necessarily want her on the couch with me.  so i put her back on the floor.  she jumps back up.  i put her back down.  after a few minutes of this, she will preface each jump with a thump.  i think of it as her way of saying… uh no.  if i want to sit on my couch, i will!  since she is, afterall… the Queen of the Couch.  lol…

• osprey
                        Participant
                        2065 posts Send Private Message

Curly Sue thumps right before she does something she know she is not supposed to do.  Thump!  I am going under the sofa.  Thump!  There is a gap in the pen and I am going to sneak out.  Thump! I am going into the laundry room (not sure about that one, she is allowed in there, but is still scared of it I guess).  She’d make a lousy burglar.

• babybunsmum
                          Participant
                          3896 posts Send Private Message

baby thumps to show disgust.  she’ll do it when i shift something in her rabbitat, or change her pellet dish, or after i clean up her shredded phone book bits and she surveys the damages.  one time my friend & 3 toddlers came to visit.  we were all on our bellies peering at her under her fav dresser and she thumped steadily.  i figured this thumping display was like exclaiming ‘danger danger… enemies afoot!’ so i cut the visit short.

• Floppy
                            Participant
                            490 posts Send Private Message

Osprey, that comment about her making a lousy burglar is so funny!
                              Give me a giggle! Thanks!

• Gravehearted
                              Participant
                              2428 posts Send Private Message
                                Posted By osprey on 11/15/2007 9:14 AM

Curly Sue thumps right before she does something she know she is not supposed to do.  Thump!  I am going under the sofa.  Thump!  There is a gap in the pen and I am going to sneak out.  Thump! I am going into the laundry room (not sure about that one, she is allowed in there, but is still scared of it I guess).  She’d make a lousy burglar

ooo i don’t know about that…  since she’s successfully stolen many a heart, including yours!  she’s just got so much personality and is such a funny girl!

• skunklionshow
                                Participant
                                1257 posts Send Private Message

LionO’s mane is gorgeous!  Leo’s mane just looks like a cheap toupee…but don’t tell him that.

Jessi is a super thumper!  She keeps it limited to times when I tick her off i.e. pet her, lift her up, force her to anything that isn’t on her schedule…..Sometimes I call her Mrs. Thumpers or Thumperdoodles.  Get it Mrs. Thumpers like that quote from "Heat of the Night (?)…"they call me Mr. Tibbs!"

• poopy
                                  Participant
                                  684 posts Send Private Message

Ya the first time Medusa thumped I was quite alarmed, but then I got used to it.

• Erbear
                                    Participant
                                    155 posts Send Private Message

I just got thumped at while I was reading these posts…. Radar doesn’t like it when there are scratches to be had and I’m not paying attention.  She thumps and then runs to a hiding spot as if I’m not going to know who did it.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR THUMPING!