Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Thumping

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • jpgood
      Participant
      84 posts Send Private Message

Another question from shadow’s parents .  ( Sometimes Ifeel so sillly asking you guys all these questions)

When my husband and I go to be sometimes we hear shadow thumping quite loudly.  It could be as  soon as we go upstairs, or it could be in the middle of the night like it was last night I was sleeping, hubby was sleeping and she actually thumped so loudly she woke me up.   I sent hubby to go see if she was okay.  I hear they thump because they are afraid or in pain or mad.  We can’t figure it out,  it’s an old house I don’t know if she hears the house settleing or what.  Any ideas?

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

could be why or maybe she wants attention and is lonely? but could be noises or shadows or something

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

She’s probably warning you that “danger” is lurking OR she’s mad you left or something spooked her. I don’t think they thump if they are in pain though. What a character.

• RabbitPam
            11002 posts Send Private Message

I’m betting it’s a noise outside. Do you have neighbors close by (night owls) or a main road? They have hearing that picks up sounds quite far away. She’s could be warning you, or just saying “hey, they woke me up!”  (thumping when you leave her is probably directed at you. “What, no bedtime snack?”)

I know how she feels. I have a new neighbor that must have an alarm or water going off while I sleep at 5:30 AM, because for a week I’ve woken up at 5:35. I feel like thumping!

• minilop111
              Participant
              24 posts Send Private Message

thumping is what all bunnies do when they feel their “not alone” *spooky music*

My rabbit used to do it too, he got over it tho’ugh

• welshs
                Participant
                6 posts Send Private Message

rabbits thump when they are annoyed or upset.  usually it’s when they are annoyed.  they wil do it when they are very young to warn away predeators, and they will develope it more around 4 months when they sexually mature.  they will also do it when mating or when a new rabbit is put near them. nothing to worry about.  just regular rabbit behavior.

• thencamebun
                  Participant
                  30 posts Send Private Message

iorek thumps at me when i put him back in his cage after having his excersise time. even though being in his cage means he is about to get a favorite treat ever and i make being in the cage a good thing he prefers to be out with my dogs lol. i swear i think he thinks he’s a chihuahua.

• kimberleyanddarren
                    Participant
                    2520 posts Send Private Message

maybe she sees ghosts? lol sounds stupid but at my old house we had a dog who would bark for no reason into one certain space, we asked vet he said probably ghosts lol no probably just somethin startled her or she heard a creak, or she is plain old bored and knows if she thumps you will come and spend a minute or two with her!

• belleandferdinand
                      Participant
                      50 posts Send Private Message

Belle is a consistent thumper – much to my neighbor’s continued pain. We’ve tried everything – music on low, lights on, lights off, curtains closed etc and she still thumps at least once between 3 – 6am, but generally at least five times. We’re having to pen her in at night away from the neighbor, which I think annoys her more and she thumps and rattles the pen… who knew a 5lb bunny could be such a terror??

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Thumping