Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Thinking about Snickers’ passing..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • snickybun
      Participant
      61 posts Send Private Message

I was cleaning and going through some papers today, and I found the exam papers from when Ron took her to our vet the morning she fell ill and passed.  I was SHOCKED to see that she weighed only 3.25 pounds that morning!  I don’t know exactly what she weighed before, but it was in the range or 5.5 pounds.  I just cannot believe that, if anything else, the vet did not notice this.  I mean, it was probably too late anyway, but it’s just the idea.  I am obviously quite upset about this, and I am definitely changing vets.  I am going to go to the vet’s office of the emergency exotic vet that saw Snickers at the Emergency Center that night.  He is on the list of approved rabbit-savvy vets for our area.

Let’s hope I can have more confidence in this new vet.

Renee

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

That’s so sad, it’s so hard to loose them and when we don’t have complete faith in our vets it makes the ‘what if’ stage even worse. The best to do is try not to blame the vet and learn from the situation. But it is oh so hard. *hugs* Binky free Snickers

• snickybun
          Participant

Well, you know.. I’m not really angry at the vet.  I do think he missed something important in her exam though.  But, yes, I’m looking at it like you said, as a lesson learned.  I just think this vet really did not understand rabbits thoroughly.  It’s just, as you said, hard to learn by mistake.  ugh.

Thank you so much for your support!

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I am so sorry. I would actually talk to the vet about this. Not come off to place blame but just to get more information and to “give” more information. They may have an explanation, or they could prevent this from happening to someone else if the vet was aware.

Again, I am sooooo sorry for your loss. I know it just hurts!! Sending peace and hug vibes!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

i understand your frustration… there’s always going to be a “what if” but at this point it’s important that you cling to the good memories with Snickers. it’s hard right now, but he knows how much you loved him and you did what you could to help him.

• snickybun
                Participant

I guess you’re right that there’s always going to be a “what if”.. I guess I will just have to accept that it was her time. 

Thank you for your reply!

• snickybun
                  Participant

If I can gather the nerve I will.  I think we may still be taking the kitties there, because our 14-old cat barely tolerates the 5-minute drive there, and I don’t think she could take the 25-minute drive to the rabbit-savvy vet.  But Murray will be going to the new vet.

Thank you for your kind words!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Thinking about Snickers’ passing..