Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Things are improving with Checkers

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • fredalina
      Participant
      28 posts Send Private Message

i’ve managed to let her out of her cage for some running around time in the evenings in the bonus room, and so far, if i vacuum afterward, my husband isn’t having allergy problems any more than he was with her not getting out, so that’s good.  It’s also helping her relationship with me (and vice versa) a lot.  It’s still not nearly enough time out, usually only about 30 minutes an evening, but it’s better than just having the cage alone.  Granted, it’s a very large cage (4 story NIC) with about 5′ x 3′ attached run, but not really enough.  i’ve given up my nightly soak in the bathtub and read in her room instead, so i still get some relaxation amidst my hectic life.

i know the exercise does her good and she’s getting much more friendly about pets and cuddles, but i fear that the extra treats i’m giving her whenever she comes near for pets are counteracting the calories burned in exercise lol.  She does love raisins and craisins!  Still, i know her quality of life has improved and that’s the important thing.  Plus the bonus room is finally not scorching hot so i don’t worry about her overheating anymore. 

Now if only i could find her a great home that would let her have hours out per day instead of just minutes. 

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

Awe I am so sorry about the allergies.  I remember you put a post about this situation.   Thats good that bun is getting out for even 30 minutes. And vacuuming right after helps wow.  Thats interesting.  Very good discovery too. Hopefully she can have more time out while waiting for a new home.  I know  you are doing your best in this situation.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

i’ll echo what BunnyTowne said… you’re doing your absolute best with the situation you have. i can think of a million bad places she could be, and i’m very thankful that she has you on her side.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

I’ll triple ditto that!! You’re doing an excellent job!!

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad to hear that things have improved. It’s a tough situation to be in, but at least she is well cared for and you both get to bond a little, even if it is for 30 minutes, which is a fair amount of time on top of having a huge NIC condo with a run attached.

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

Awe, this is good news. Regarding the treat worry. Try cutting the raisin or craisin up into tiny little pieces. Basically just little “tastes”. That way you can cut down on the treats without cutting down on how many times you give them.

• fredalina
                  Participant

Cutting the raisins and craisins down is a great idea. i can cut them in half, but if i cut them much more i might lose a finger. She’s very zealous! lol She does love those treats! i can also cut an apple down into smaller pieces.

Thanks for the idea and support!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

Anytime Glad it’s working!

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

i love using matchstick carrots as treats. you can usually take a couple of them and cut them down into half-inch (or smaller) pieces. out of two matchsticks you might be able to get 6 or 8 separate pieces… lots of treats without giving a higher amount.

• fredalina
                        Participant

You guys are so full of good ideas and support!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Things are improving with Checkers