Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE The Scandal!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

My house was just sold to a new landlord who of course gave me a new lease. I always read my leases front and back. I noticed a sneaky little paragraph and all of my pets would be allowed EXCEPT my snakes and my rabbits. Excuse me? No no no. That is not going to work. I go to my landlord who is roughly 25 years old and ask her why she wants me to get rid of my snakes and my rabbits. She says snakes are gross and scare her and rabbits are smelly and should be outside. I take a breath because I wanted to shove her out of a window. And politely ask her to enter my house. She does and we walk through and I say so what have you noticed? She says she notices nothing. I am like EXACTLY! I take her to my reptile room and show her my snakes are in locked enclosures. I take her to my bunny room and show her everything is clean and there are no chew marks or dirty litter (got lucky there TATER!) and no smell except slightly like hay.

She gets down and pets Spud and says she will write up a new lease and get rid of the restrictions on my pets. Amazing! It was all good or so I thought.

Her husband comes storming down my driveway waving a lease the entire time screaming that I will not bully them into allowing filthy animals on their property.  Ohhhh he’s the problem, not her. I look at my lease and notice SHE owns the house and property. So I close my storm door (I am inherently afraid of men) and tell him to get off my porch and have the owner of the house come talk to me. He tries to open the door and I bring out my very large labrador that sounds like she will rip you in half when if he did open the door she would start licking him to death and bring her blankie. I tell him again to leave. This man kicks at a barking dog like that is going well. Waverly is a Service dog so she will not attack nor is she allowed to but I have trained her to sound loud if I am in danger. I wanted to laugh when he ran off of my porch but I didn’t.

His wife and her mother came down and apologized and brought the bunnies some treats (I threw them out because I don’t trust them) and then her husband brought a dog bed and said sorry???

I think I’m going to look for another place to live. But for now, I am going to enjoy the glares her husband gives me while I walk my dogs every time he goes to check the mail.

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Oh my gosh! That is so crazy. Coincidentally we are also currently going through really stressful issues with our landlord. Unfortunately our lease is terrible and really favors her. We were so desperate when we moved we didn’t really realize how bad it was, plus moving to a new state we thought it was standard and not negotiable.

Essentially she has been on our case about random things since we moved in (I think she may have a severe anxiety disorder or something), and is currently freaking out about some cosmetic damage due to the rabbits. Then brought up how our leopard gecko isn’t in the lease so we’ve violated the lease (which was honestly an oversight on our part, because in CA our old county considered animals in tanks as “property”). Our lease was supposed to be up in 4 months and now we are just hoping we don’t get evicted, because even if it gets thrown out in court we are still responsible for her legal fees.

We’ve moved the gecko to my sister-in-law’s place for the time being. SO STRESSFUL UGHHHHH

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Sonn
            Participant
            1810 posts Send Private Message

Sorry for the delay I just started a new job and going back to school plus dealing with these people.

My last landlord was an actual nightmare.  She is in jail currently for tearing down my other neighbors entire garden they worked all Spring on. Then she politely ran her lawnmower over a bunch of super rare flowers she grows and they pressed charges.

They can honestly find another hill to die on my animals are going nowhere and unless the court makes me I’m staying right here until I find somwhere else to live. They got very angry when they figured out they could not force my service dog to live outside.

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

OMG! What is wrong with people?

Our situation has calmed a little but we are also actively looking for a place as well. Just being here gives me so much anxiety, I can feel my blood pressure rise whenever I know the landlord is around. She lives in the house attached to ours, it’s like a duplex sort of situation with a shared yard, so we just feel like we have no privacy.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE The Scandal!