Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE The pain is so very real

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Crie
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

https://binkybunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/YouCut_20220412_151157525.mp4

(Video link reviewed and approved by Wick)

Tuesday morning I decorated Clara’s room with fresh flowers. I wanted it to feel like we were in a beautiful garden, just me and my baby girl. I’d like to tell you we spent hours cuddling, giving each other kisses, and crossing everything off her bucket list, but in typical Clara fashion… she didn’t give a sh*t about me.

This afternoon at home, Cookie (her stuffed bun friend) and I helped her pack up her bunny suitcase, shed her earth suit, and leave for her next life adventure in the astro ever after.

To most, Clara was known for her cute little ear nubs, her antisocial goth teenager ‘tude, and the complete disdain she had for me and all the ways in which I tried to please her.

It was Clara’s world, and I was just lucky enough to live in it.

Clara May,
        The 12 years spent with you I will never forget. The lessons you taught me, and the amount of joy you brought to my life by just existing is immeasurable. Your resilience is like nothing I have ever seen. In moments where I don’t think I can keep truckin’, I will think of you, and keep driving forward. I was so lucky to be your momma. You always were, and will continue to be my sunshine– we’ll just be watching each other from a different angle now. Thank you for being so unapologetically you. It was my favorite thing. ❤

I hope you’re scampering around in a giant salad, playing with new bunny friends, and rulin’ the roost up there in the galaxy. You were always so good at that.

I’ll miss you until I see you again baby girl,

❤ Mom

• Bam
        16937 posts Send Private Message

I am sorry for your pain. I’m sorry that our furry companions can’t stay longer. It was Clara’s time, she made it to 12 because she had the best life with the best bun parent.

But no words can take away that pain.

Binky free, sweet Clara May.

• DanaNM
          9038 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss. 🙁 I know you had to make a tough decision, and I’m sure it was the right one, but that doesn’t make it any easier.

And what a beautiful tribute. <3

(((Binky free Clara)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Azerane
            4688 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss, it looks like you gave Clara such a fulfilling life.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
              Participant
              2512 posts Send Private Message

What a beautiful send-off for her! I’m really impressed by her age and all the love and care you gave her. It’s so special to have a senior rabbit: you suddenly bond a lot more in those last years, and it makes the passing even more painful.

I unexpectedly lost my little buddy Breintje in October, at 9 years and 2 months. As he aged we spent so much time together, I didn’t know what to do with my day when he passed away so suddenly. I still cry for him at random moments, even though we have two gorgeous young bunnies. That I miss him means that I love him.

It may sound a bit crude, but it’s a beautiful thing that you could give her a dignified passing. You gave her an amazing life, and I think that she appreciated you a lot in her own way.

Binky free sweet Clara May!

• LBJ10
                16977 posts Send Private Message

Clara was beautiful! I agree, you did a very good job with her and you got her to 12. That’s a good, long life for a bunny.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE The pain is so very real