Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR The Mystical, Magical Bunny Poo Dance

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Quantum
      Participant
      286 posts Send Private Message

So, I’ve been reading here about the “circle dance”–could be a mating thing if the bun’s unfixed, could be an “I love you!”.   It’s not odd for Quantum to circle either Mike or I, sometimes “figure-eighting” between our feet.  it’s usually two circuits, maybe three and then she’s like, “That oughtta hold you for now!” and off she goes.  The other night, Mike was standing in the living room and she does one circuit, dropping a bunny bomb.  Then she does a couple more, dropping bun-bombs along the way until he’s got a spaced circle of them around him!  What the heck does that mean??!?  I told Mike I figured she was drawing the Mystical Bunny Pentagram-Circle-Thingie around him to keep him safe, but….what the heck??  If someone could let me in on the secret, I’d appreciate it.  Or let me know what the lodge handshake is and maybe Quantum will let me in on it. 

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

te he! You could read that like he has well and truly been marked as her territory!

Does Mike happen to give her treats often?

• bunnytowne
          Participant
          7537 posts Send Private Message

yep sounds like marking. 

Next thing you know bun will poo and pee on Mike too.  Maybe maybe not.

• Quantum
            Participant
            286 posts Send Private Message

No, Jerseygirl, I’m more of the treat-giver, but then I’m around more. And Bunnytowne, I sure hope not!! Yipes! We both spend a fair amount of time down on the floor at her level and she’s never tried, so here’s hoping…….

• Reggieros
                Participant
                2 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like a delightful partnership between you and your bunny. Being the treat-giver surely strengthens your bond. Wishing you continued joy and bunny-proof floors!

• Bam
                  16878 posts Send Private Message

We ask our members to not reply to very old threads. This thread is from 2009. I’m locking it now. You are very welcome to start your own threads on topic you are interested in!

Best regards Bam

• Balefulregards
                  Participant
                  715 posts Send Private Message

You know – I’ve never seen Coco poo for Terrance ( my DH) but Good Lord – when he walks into the bedroom, you would think that Bunny Brad Pitt had made an appearance the way she runs over and does the circle 8 dance…. EVERY TIME HE WALKS IN.

It makes him crazy, but I think she just has a thing for him. I am the Mommy – I feed, clean, discipline, check nails and anal glands… I suspect this makes my Guy the “Fun parent”

I do think the dance is the “Wow, I am really glad to see you – You know I love you, right? Love you alot…. Now you should rub me.”

• MooBunnay
                    Participant
                    3087 posts Send Private Message

Awwww that is so funny! Yep, sounds like bunny-love

• MarkBun
                      Participant
                      2842 posts Send Private Message

Is she spayed? It is possible that she’s trying to put up a protective ring around him to keep him away from you as she wants you solely as her mate.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                    • The topic ‘The Mystical, Magical Bunny Poo Dance’ is closed to new replies.

Forum BEHAVIOR The Mystical, Magical Bunny Poo Dance