Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR the kits are getting out

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • DawnT
      Participant
      187 posts Send Private Message

Hello:

Need some help on containing the kits.  They will be three weeks old this Sunday/Monday..  I have them in a cage but the door is open so mum can get in and out to feed them.  Yesterday we were watching the kits and several can get out of the cage/ the ones that get out are also the ones that get back in. 

Any suggestions on how to contain them and mum still have access to feed the little ones.  They are not out side and do not live in a hutch.  The are living in my living room.  The little do mstuggle to get out.  They have to climb about 4 inches to get out.

• kimberleyanddarren
        Participant
        2520 posts Send Private Message

could you perhaps raise the doorway (if its homemade) or if it is one of those indoor cages open the roof not the side door as mom should be big enough to get up there what type of cage is it? do u have pics?

• RabbitPam
          11002 posts Send Private Message

Can you set up an X-pen around the cage into the living room space that has a comfortable bed for mum to stay in but surrounds the opening of the cage so they can all get in and out, but not wander past the bigger confinement? Maybe with a door that you can open to let mum out when she needs run of the house, getting away from the babies? The (help guys, I forgot the name) square things can be hooked together to any shape you want, so if it needs to fit between your couch and table, it can be narrow, then fan out more.

(Are those openings small enough to keep in babies? I wouldn’t want them to get caught trying to squeeze through.)

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

Mom bun only feeds at nite and wee hours of morning  so containing them in the day by closing the door? but yes what about at nite  when Asad had her babes I put then in a really tall storage container worked great. at nite I would put her back in there to feed them etc. in the day she got a break several times a day. just an idea is all.   awe they are so adorable at this age. handle them a lot hold and carry them if you can so they will be used to it and after they get thru adolescents they will be all cuddly and yes they sure will remember you if you see them months later. I know PUmpkin did. and was easily handled too. he didn’t struggle graet time to get them socialized. jsut a thought

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

baby buns can get their heads stuck in the NIC grids.  you may need to experiment with a few things to see what works for you.

• kimberleyanddarren
                Participant
                2520 posts Send Private Message

could you fasten some sort of sheet to the inside so they couldnt get their heads through?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR the kits are getting out