Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE The Fan Obsession

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • kinggoblin
      Participant
      416 posts Send Private Message

Does anyone elses bunny have a fan problem? I keep a fan in my hallway to circulate the air to the back room and it is Goblin’s favorite thing. It is the first thing he runs to when I let him out and he sits next to it or flops over on his side and snuggles up to it. If it is off he kicks the door or wall next to it to show me he is annoyed and wants it ON.

EARLY EARLY this morning he discovered there is another smaller fan on my nightstand that blows stronger winds. So he woke me up multiple times knocking everything else off the nightstand so he could lay next to it. I kept shooing him away cause of all the noise he was making. After I got out of bed about 30 minutes later my boyfriend yells “LOOK AT YOUR RABBIT” and I went in there and he finished clearing off the stand and was snuggled up to the fan.

I sat on the bed and Goblin jumped on the bed next to me and I reached over and turned off the fan. Goblin stood up and leaned over me to get closer to the fan like “NOOOOOOO WHERE DID MY WIND GO?????” and bonked me with his nose a few times demanding I bring it back.

I don’t know why he loves fans so much. We keep the apartment pretty cool, the A/C is on 70. I think I need to get him his own fan for his cage lol.

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha! Oh my goodness that is just too cute! =]

• longhairmike
          Participant
          1069 posts Send Private Message

keep a bunch of water-filled gatorade bottles in the freezer, enought to rotate throughout the day. keep one right in front of the fan.
            no matter how many fans you’re running 24/7,, its still less electricity than the a/c will consume,, so you can easily set your a/c thermostat 5-10 degrees higher

it will probably be thanksgiving before it cools off enough to turn off the fans again.

• LBJ10
            16897 posts Send Private Message

Nope, my buns aren’t really obsessed with fans. Sounds really cute though! The closest experience I have had was when we had our chinchillas. My girl would flop in front of the fan after she had been playing. My buns are not nearly as energetic and it seems they don’t overheat very easily.

• kinggoblin
              Participant

I don’t think he does it because he is hot. He lays in front of them even if he hasn’t done anything but move from laying down on the kitchen floor to laying down in front of the fan. The living room and kitchen are the coldest rooms but he still prefers to lay next to the fans. I’ve felt his ears before and they aren’t hot at all, sometimes they are cold. I think he just enjoys the noise and air blowing on him.

I kept them on all winter and even when the heat was off and the apartment was really cold (40-50F sometimes) he still wanted the fan to be on and he would sit behind it instead of in front of it.

• NewBunnyOwner123
                Participant
                1930 posts Send Private Message

My buns will go to the ac vent when it turns on. We only had the fan out once when we were trying to dry our carpet from a busted pipe. Harley wanted to lay in front of it so they had to get locked up because I really didn’t feel like dealing with him knocking the fan over multiple times lol
                  But I think he does it because he gets warm. We keep our house at 75 and they tend to go to the ac vent after running around

• jerseygirl
                  22342 posts Send Private Message

That is so cute kinggoblin! I suppose he likes the feel
                    of it on his fur. Like an ultra light massage.
                    You should get him his very own fan like LittlePuffyTail has for her rabbits condos. I think they run on batteries.

• FrankieFlash
                    Participant
                    1710 posts Send Private Message

My two love the air filters which blow out cold air. They sit in front of them for hours. They’ve never demanded them be on (probably because they always are) but Bunjamin has destroyed stuff if they blocked his air filter.

• kinggoblin
                      Participant

Last night Goblin knocked over the fan and killed it. So today we got another heavy duty fan that he can’t knock over and he is in love! He wouldn’t even look at me holding a box of craisins and blueberries because he was too busy with his new love lol. We also got another small battery run fan that I’m going to put in his pen if we can tear him away from the new one.

• Stickerbunny
                        Participant
                        4128 posts Send Private Message

Powder loves fans and air vents. If it is over 60F, Powder wants cold. He flops on top of ac vents, he lays in front of fans, etc. When he was neutered, he backed his uhm, bits onto the vents and would just sit in what looked like such an uncomfortable position so cold air would blow there, I guess it felt good. And he has done more dead bunny flops on the vents than anywhere else (when he was solo, you would hear him noisily flop on them every time he went to lie down).

He doesn’t do this if it is colder though, only if it is above 60F. So, I think at least mine wants the cold rather than just the air.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE The Fan Obsession