Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Thanks!! I did it!! I bathed the bunny!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • kralspace
      Participant
      2663 posts Send Private Message

Thanks to reading a lot of posts here about poopy butt, etc. I got the nerve up to bath Lola (a white rex), who’s been collecting a big wad of flattened cecals on her lovely behind. Since I’m new at handling buns, I went with the bathtub option. When I sat her in the 2 inches of warm water, she basically just sat there, glaring the ultimate stink eye at me.

She only tried to jump up  my chest once and was very compliant about letting me work the wads loose with my fingers. Her househusband Daisy is working her over now. After I lifted her out of the tub in a towel, she sat on the couch for almost half and hour with me and seemed to enjoy me toweling her off when she would run by.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all their posts. Even thoough it wasn’t a thread I started, I always find so much help by reading all the posts.

sqeaky clean

Kathy

• JK
        Participant
        2223 posts Send Private Message

Good job! I don’t know if I could do that. I’ve just mastered combing Edson! Thank god he doesn’t have poopy butt!

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

Goody for you … So now you are the expert who can advise us all if we need to go through the poopy butt bath tub regime LOL.

I noticed that when I was stroking Luey’s ears the other night I felt some hard lumps of dried poo in the fur behind his ears.  Oh what a grotty bunny I have … he has obviously been lying on the floor and had his head in some poo.  What a stinker!  He is a lazy bunny … sometimes he will do the grapey looking poops on the floor and then lies right next to them with his nose about an inch from it… eeww how gross is he!

And what a slob he is for not cleaning his ears properly   

• RabbitPam
            11002 posts Send Private Message

Way to go, Kathy!

I’ve had to do a lot of baths in the past year with Spockie’s infirmities, and actually had done his first poopy butt years ago. At that time he was young and strong and did a few leaps into my arms before we were done. (Wear clothes that you don’t like much!) But, my observation in the long run is that when they catch on to what you’re doing for them, they actually will hold still while you clean off the messies. They feel sooooooo much better afterwards. No bunny likes to be stuck with dried, unreachable poopies in their lovely fur. It’s one of those things slaves are really good for.

Dawn, I would suggest taking a damp, warm washcloth and gently working the lump behind Luey’s ear. Be careful in case it’s not poop. If it’s a sore, take him to the vet. Otherwise, you should be able to slowly remove it. He will be glad you did.

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

Yay, good for you, but I bet you did get the old stink eye from Ms. Lola :~)

• kimberleyanddarren
                Participant
                2520 posts Send Private Message

congrats i also had trouble the first time i butt bathed a bunny but its not bad when you get used 2 it!

• MimzMum
                  Participant
                  8029 posts Send Private Message

Heehee…somehow the words, ‘poopy butt’ and ‘stink eye’ in the same sentence together have me giggling a bit. ^.^

I find every once in awhile when I turn my buns over, they’ll have just a tad of smeared poo on their fanny hair, but it’s usually dried and easily removed. Do any of you find your bunnies being slightly messy like this and is it something I should be worried about? It doesn’t happen that often, but I wonder if I should check them every day for this?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

Kahlua is quite fluffy and always has some kind of poop stuck in her fur. No biggie, I just pull it out. Rupert pees a wee bit on himself since he’s a little special. I bum bath him about once every two/three weeks for that; I dont’ think it’s any big deal.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Thanks!! I did it!! I bathed the bunny!!!