Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Tesco wood cat litter for bunnies?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Amy
      Participant
      15 posts Send Private Message

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/252867475

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows if this particular type of wood-based cat litter is suitable for rabbits? And if not, does anyone know of a good alternative that can be found in the UK please? I had been using shredded paper but one of my bunnies enjoys eating it!

• Vienna Blue in France
        Participant
        5317 posts Send Private Message

Hi Amy. Eating a tiny bit of shredded paper is ok, just not allll the time. And not with heaps of ink on,
          Wood pellets for wood stoves are much cheaper than proper cat stuff.
          The wood pellets aren’t at all dusty (bad for bunny lungs) and are easier to use. Cat wood pellet stuff i find goes everywhere (with my cats)

B&Q (or equivalent) probably have wood pellets. I panicked the other day going in to buy some as there were none on show. Of course its August, but ask and they usually have some hidden out of sight in stock

• Amy
          Participant
          15 posts Send Private Message

Thank you very much for your help, I will have a look around in different shops for some wood stone pellets as there is no B&Q near me

• sarahthegemini
            Participant
            5584 posts Send Private Message

I couldn’t find any in B&Q and the staff had no clue what I meant lol. I use wood based cat litter from Pets at Home, it’s £5.50 per bag. I go through one bag per week but I fill two litter trays and change them every night.

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

Posted By sarahthegemini on 8/22/2017 2:50 PM
                I couldn’t find any in B&Q and the staff had no clue what I meant lol. I use wood based cat litter from Pets at Home, it’s £5.50 per bag. I go through one bag per week but I fill two litter trays and change them every night.

I’m so glad to see that someone else uses this. I just picked up a bag of it on Sunday. I have been using something similar that’s from home bargains, but they’re usually a bit hit and miss wether they have it in. I was really paranoid about getting the pets at home one as I wasn’t sure it was okay. I’ll definitely buy more of this. They have an offer of 3 bags for £15 at the minute I think. But I only bought one bag incase I didn’t like it haha

• sarahthegemini
                Participant
                5584 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Eddyw111 on 8/24/2017 3:42 AM

Posted By sarahthegemini on 8/22/2017 2:50 PM

I’m so glad to see that someone else uses this. I just picked up a bag of it on Sunday. I have been using something similar that’s from home bargains, but they’re usually a bit hit and miss wether they have it in. I was really paranoid about getting the pets at home one as I wasn’t sure it was okay. I’ll definitely buy more of this. They have an offer of 3 bags for £15 at the minute I think. But I only bought one bag incase I didn’t like it haha

We stock up when it’s on offer! Sometimes it’s 5 for £25. I think it’s brilliant stuff, you only need a thin layer of it too

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Tesco wood cat litter for bunnies?