Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Territorial with box but won’t poop without one

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • pinkiemarie
      Participant
      414 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys, my trio is at a point of needing a kick in the pants. I don’t feel like we’re making great progress on short dates and our long date Saturday was amazing, but I can only do a really long one once a week. I want to really go for it, but am afraid to make them do an overnight because they get territorial over a litterbox but don’t want to poop without one, and obviously I want them pooping. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or thoughts on that!

Here’s a picture of my good bunnies on Saturday 🙂

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

Bonnie was like that about the box! But she eventually did go without one. What if you provided a few really low trays? I’m thinking maybe if it’s less enclosed they will get less possessive? Like even a sheet pan or lunch tray? I’ve even used cardboard boxes with litter in them, you could cut it so the sides are very low?  Or a pile of hay on the ground on a pee pad?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• pinkiemarie
          Participant

Oh that’s a really good idea, maybe a baking sheet with a small amount of litter. I’ll try it thank you!

• pinkiemarie
            Participant

Well, we did it. We had a sleepover with only minor scuffles! Bunnies are getting there. The baking sheet worked really well. Now I need to figure out where to go from here because I barely slept so I definitely can’t do this on work nights lol

• DanaNM

That’s really great news! Way to go!

Maybe you could just keep doing regular sessions during the week and then next weekend try for marathoning starting on Friday?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• pinkiemarie
                Participant

Ugh well our marathon went well. So well, in fact, that Ben is now harassing his brother absolutely nonstop. He will. Not. Stop. Chasing. And. Humping. Him. Poor Wally can literally get 2 minutes of peace before Ben is on him again and the poor guy is a pacifist so he just keeps trying to find a place to hide. I don’t think I have a choice but to take them back downstairs and keep them with me while I work which is extremely not ideal because I can’t watch them well while I’m working and I don’t sleep well with them in there and they’re in the way of my chair. But I guess I don’t really have an option but to just……….live together until it takes?

• DanaNM

Omg I can relate… Bun Jovi is the mounter! But very good that it’s not causing any fights!!

Can you give him some hides or places to escape? With Myra she will jump up on something and Bun Jovi will lose track of her, so he just runs around honking for a bit and then gives up. Or he will chase her for a while, then they cuddle.

• pinkiemarie
                    Participant

Oh no he had places to hide and Ben was being relentless and hunting him down wherever he went. Just a tiny little bully! It would be funny if I wasn’t so annoyed because he’s chasing around a rabbit that’s 4 times bigger than him. He would not give up for a full day, just nonstop harassment. I’ve got them in the bedroom now and all 3 are being pretty good but it’s not an ideal situation to have them all here on weekdays by a long shot. They all cuddled up so much this weekend so I’m hoping maybe a couple more days will do it… I’m not sure how to tell when I can try putting them in a space that isn’t neutral though, or if we’re even remotely close to that yet. I do hear someone over there purring so maybe we’re closer than I think…

• DanaNM

Fingers crossed things finally click! It sounds like you have made so much progress!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Territorial with box but won’t poop without one