Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Teaching Mars Fetch!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Marzipan The Bunny
      Participant
      73 posts Send Private Message

Hi! I’m not sure if this post is in the right section and I apologize in advanced. I’ve been trying to teach my bun how to fetch and so far hes about 40% there. I use a pencil as the toy ( don’t worry, I make sure he isn’t eating it.) and he can pick it up and drop it a few steps away. I’m really confused on how I get him to bring it back to me! I tried to lure him to me with a treat while he was holding the pencil but he always drops the pencil and sprints toward me like he hasn’t eaten in five year lol. Any suggestions?

• Sirius&Luna
        Participant
        2319 posts Send Private Message

I’ve never heard of a bunny learning to fetch. Dogs enjoy the game of fetch, but with a rabbit, at best you would be teaching it to do a series of actions in order rather than creating an activity that is enjoyable in itself.

tricks that people usually teach bunnies are to come when their names are called, to do a little spin, to high five etc.

• Marzipan The Bunny
          Participant
          73 posts Send Private Message

Thanks, I should probably teach him other tricks! He knows spin, up, and come already but I’m going to try to teach him high five next.

• Sr. Melangell
            Participant
            1708 posts Send Private Message

I have dropped things and Olly has picked them up for me before, he’s dropped things on my feet, but Olly knows I can’t see, he does get the post when it comes through the door, but if he can’t bring it if its a big envelope he will come and nudge me and look towards the door, but Olly doesn’t like things on the floor, he has learned a few things like if its tablet time he will push the bottle onto the floor and he does know the word ‘Help’ if I fall, he also knows if the phone is ringing to stop it making a noise to knock the handset off the base and to come and get me, he knows if I fall he can drag the mobile phone towards me, he wasn’t trained, I think he just sees these things everyday and likes to help, Olly does give people a paw, but I think this is because we don’t get many visitors he may think everyone is blind and wants them to know he is there, don’t be disappointed if your bunny does not learn any tricks like the famous YouTube bunny, tricks take a long time for a bunny to learn, if I cannot find Olly and I call him he will bang on a bucket or the side of a table to let me know he’s there, as long as your bunny is healthy and happy that’s all that matters.

• Bunny House
              Participant
              1241 posts Send Private Message

I’ve taught my buns how to stand, turn around and we are working on paw at the moment.
                Let us know what tricks you teach him!

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

I’ve heard of people having success teaching tricks with clicker training.

Have you ever seen Bini the Bunny (Youtube and Facebook). He does some pretty amazing stuff! Inspiration for you!

• Q8bunny
                  Participant
                  6345 posts Send Private Message

Check out our member Olaf. She clicker trains her bun and has tutorial videos on Instagram and I think YouTube. Her bun’s awesomely cute, too.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Teaching Mars Fetch!