Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE SWEET POTATO

• This topic has 7sd replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Bam.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

Is it true that you can feed your buns sweet potato?

Doesit need to be peeled?

Thanks Guys

Dawn

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

I don’t think you can feed any potato because of the starch. Anyone else?

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

I didnt think so either, but Jennifer here (the lady of this wonderful website) feeds her Jack sweet potato (generally a restricted veggie) due to his bladder stones.
            I read this in the Webcams page.
            Interesting.

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

Yes, Jennifer feeds this to Jack but he also gets no pellets either and his vet has given this as a guideline.

I have heard of people feeding their rabbits sweet potatoes in the past but it is a carbohydrate so unless there is a reason to feed them and your vet is okay with it, then it’s probably not a good idea. Jennifer does mention that it can be used in a very small amount as a treat.

• blackfang
              Participant
              392 posts Send Private Message

Well, it isn’t good idea to feed any kind of potatoes to rabbits if you are feeding them pellets, too. It is high in carbs. I suggest not to feed sweet potatoes at all unless vet say it is okay to feed it to sick bunnies.

• bunnytowne
                Participant
                7537 posts Send Private Message

I saw on HRS or on here under diet etc   that sweet potato is a no no.  

Previous to that I thought it was ok and gave mine a little bit.  They love it and weren’t harmed.   They were fine after eating it  and the next day too.

I think they preferred it baked or cooked somehow though.

• Courtney
                  Participant
                  2 posts Send Private Message

My bun Shinobu keeps escaping to get to the sweet potatoes when I’m not home. She goes crazy for them.

• Bam
                    16838 posts Send Private Message

Hi Courtney!

This is a very old thread, from 2010. We ask our members to not re-open old threads. You’re very welcome to start a thread of your own though, on this or another topic you’d like to discuss!

I’m locking this thread now.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • The topic ‘SWEET POTATO’ is closed to new replies.

Forum DIET & CARE SWEET POTATO