Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Sweet Ebony became a little devil

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa_43
      Participant
      1499 posts Send Private Message

I have brought mum back in to her new condo and she had been on her own for a while, I have notice some behavioural changes in her.

she has tossed everything out of her litter tray and has made a mess.

I have also noticed she keeps trying to chew and pull the wire grills, I guess it has to do with seeing the babies but not being able to get to them.

I have put Zippy (name changed from Marley) in with her now and she has calmed down and is bonding wonderfully.

Any suggestions on why she did this?

1122565282671.jpg

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I think it’s just hormones and the change of environment. I’m glad you are putting Mom and Zippy together too.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

i know nothing about bunny mom behavior after weaning.  how soon can she be spayed, do you know?  i’m sure she will settle down soon.

• charlie82
            Participant
            295 posts Send Private Message

ahhh they look so sweet together!

Ebony was probably just a litte frustrated. It’s a big change going from having lots of little bunnies to take care of to being on her own again, and as Sarita says her hormones will probably be a little haywire!

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

yes, it sounds like she was having a hard time being separated from her babies and putting Zippy back in there helped.

• Lisa_43
                Participant

She has calmed down a lot now that Zippy is in with her.

The vet said to give her a months rest and then have her spayed so that will be Monday February the 18th

I can’t wait it will be really good for her.

Out of all my pets over the years this is the firs that has had babies, I have always made sure all my animals are desexed. Unfortunatly this one was out of my hands.

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

oo good, hopefully it will be here before you know it.

• Spacehopper
                    Participant
                    540 posts Send Private Message

Hehe, Zippy!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                      Participant
                      12067 posts Send Private Message

That is such a sweet pic! Poor ebony-being a mom is soo hard!

Lisa, I’m sorry but I can’t remember, are you keeping any of the babies?

• babybunsmum
                        Participant
                        3896 posts Send Private Message

awww that is a sweet pic.  glad having her girl back helped her settle a bit.

• Lisa_43
                          Participant

I don’t think I can let them go; bunny lovers over here are like a needle in a hay stack.

I want them to be inside bunnies not outside in a hutch and most people over here think they live in a hutch outside.

My hubby sees how upset I get when I talk about finding homes for them, so he says to just keep them.

I am not feeling any pressure so I am just going to see what happens, if someone fantastic comes along then I will think about it but if they don’t then I am ok with that.

• Scarlet_Rose
                            Participant
                            4293 posts Send Private Message

Lisa, I think that is a good idea and I am very glad to hear that you have the space and the ability to have that option available to you. Especially if there is no pressure, you can take your time, enjoy them and decide if you want them to go to a certain home or not.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Sweet Ebony became a little devil