Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Summer heat/humidity and Lionheads

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • henry2809
      Participant
      157 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone! I have two lionhead rabbits that are 100% indoor and free roam in separate rooms. It is super hot and humid where I live right now (91 degrees with 95% humidity). We keep the AC at about 74-75 degrees inside and they both have ceiling fans in their rooms and 24/7 access to fresh water. Should I be concerned about them having problems with the heat and humidity this summer, or should they be completely fine since they are housed indoors, despite the heat outside? Thanks in advance!

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

If housed indoors with reliable (and accurate) central air/AC running, it should be fine. If they are unable to escape sunlight shining through windows or something, please give them access to shaded areas as the temperature in direct sunlight can definitely be too hot.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• henry2809
            Participant
            157 posts Send Private Message

That’s what I thought, thank you! Is fly strike a concern in indoor rabbits? I have seen a few flies in the house recently which is making me very worried. I found some pieces of his fur on the ground today like he was scratching and there is some dusty/dandruff looking substance in it. This would not be fly strike, would it?

• Wick & Fable
              5781 posts Send Private Message

As long as you’re cleaning the litterbox at an appropriate frequency and keeping things dry, including your rabbits, no.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
              16899 posts Send Private Message

Yes, flystrike is only a concern if the conditions are wet and unsanitary.

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Summer heat/humidity and Lionheads