Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Stubborn male bunny

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Maple
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

Hello everybun, hope you guys and your buns are doing well!!

I am trying to bond my two bunnies, a female one year old spayed, and a male five months old neutered. I’m currently on the 4th session of 30 min or more, and I have not had any problems involving fighting so I’m pretty happy about that. My female has mounted him a couple of times and I believe she’s ok with how things are right now between them because she’s always grooming herself and flopping right by his side. But my male is being pretty stubborn, he doesn’t try to mount her and seems okay to have her around, yet he sometimes will thump and growl at her but he never attack or try to nip/bite her.
        They are always asking each other to be groomed but none has done yet.

On today’s session my female flopped by his side and he just asked to be groomed, since she didn’t care he started to thump a couple of times, so we forced a snuggle and finished the session on a good note.

Do you guys think with time he will be reacting better towards her?
        Do you think the sessions are doing well?

Is my first time having bunnies and trying to bond, so I’m happy but confused about his behavior.
        Thank you for taking the time to read this and helping me! Have a great day!

• Three Little Bunnies
        Participant
        63 posts Send Private Message

Wow! It is awesome that they are doing so well! You can try putting some banana on their foreheads to get them to “groom” each other. It is impressive that they are already flopping and grooming themselves. Mine took 5 months to bond.

• Maple
          Participant
          4 posts Send Private Message

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!! On today’s session I tried the banana trick and it worked well, he groomed her 3 times during the 1 hour session, but when she smelled the banana on his head she licked a bit and end it up digging on his head haha he did not like that very much, but there was no fight.
            It’s very good to know that they are doing so well!
            Thank you very much!

• Three Little Bunnies
            Participant
            63 posts Send Private Message

No problem! Glad to help you out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Stubborn male bunny