Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Strange Rabbit tales!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • prince dorian the bun
      Participant
      743 posts Send Private Message

Dorian is upping his little weirdo game by deciding he likes to eat cobwebs. First time I just thought oh he got some on his nose he’s just washing it off… 2nd time I was what are you doing little bun, but 3rd time him going out his way to stick his face in one and lick it makes me wonder what is going on in his little bunny head! (I did try and clear up any I found on the deck where he was finding them, and no harm seems to have come from him). I wish I had taken a photo as you can’t tell it’s a cobweb from most angles so mostly you just saw him on his hind legs furiously licking the air 😀

So what strange, silly or just cute behavior have your buns been up to?

Figure it’s Monday (or Tuesday depending where you live) and we could all do with a lol.

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

Cooper has been eating the nail trimmings from when we trim his nails… and maybe the cat’s too?? He’s a weird one.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ellie from The Netherlands
          Participant
          2512 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha, this is brilliant 😆 Looking forward to read more bunny antics here!

• prince dorian the bun
            Participant

Oh Cooper, those aren’t snacks! 😀 does he trim his own nails too @DanaNM?  That could actually be nice.

Ellie i am sure you have some tales of Breintje antics! I remember your story about the mashed potatoes and a certain very small bun!

• DanaNM

I wish he would! I can do most of his without restraining him, but there are a few nails that I need to do. He’s funny, he doesn’t mind being held for cuddles but doesn’t like nail trims at all. Vs my girls hate being held for cuddles but are angels for nail trims. Bun Jovi doesn’t like being held for ANY reason whatsoever lol

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Participant

Our antics mostly boil down to Breintje being a typical rough & tough boy. Not careful where he jumps, crashing into furniture and people at full sprint, and not giving a fluff if he falls off something.

He really had to learn the hard way that I can’t move my right leg properly anymore, so I can’t make an emergency stop while walking. He had a crazy habit of rushing by in front of your feet while you’re walking, and he was accidentally kicked in the head a couple of times. It was a pretty big impact too because he used to rush at full speed 😯 Now he seems to have learned it, and he doesn’t rush in front of my feet anymore. Occasionally he does it around my boyfriend, but he’s very agile.

In his younger days he loved to climb onto the back of the sofa, and to hop onto the window sill where I grow my herbs. He fell down once, taking a flowerpot with him. He just did a *thump*, shook it off and went up again in search of the parsley 🙄

• prince dorian the bun
                  Participant

for such a little bun Breintje sounds very feisty!

Cooper sounds a bit like Dorian with the nail trims versus cuddles. Though Dorian is more about snuggles & lap time on his terms, and just downright pulls all the drama for nail clippings. He actually will squeak and act like I have severed his paw when I am not even clipping yet, it makes the tap tap clip very hard. The best is when he finally settles down and just gives me this scrunched up face of pure disapproval and disgust!

Participant

Yes, Nethies can have very fierce personalities and they’re quite active too. The love for climbing seems to be a weird Nethie habit too: I’ve met people who built miniature cat climbing posts for their rabbits.

With all that activity and sass they can be a bad match for kids. A friend and her dad bred Nethies, and they always refused to sell them to families with young kids because Nethies can be too wild and bite when they feel threatened.

• DanaNM

I wonder if Dorian would be a good candidate for “cooperative care” for nail trims? This technique looks so interesting, I’m thinking of trying it for Cooper.

• prince dorian the bun
                        Participant

Oh I will have to try it out.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Strange Rabbit tales!