Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Started bonding Mops & Deirdra

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

I start with a photo….

This is the two in semi-neutral territory, Deirdra is in charge of the tunnel under this board in the photo, so Mops is a bit unsure. The bonding in neutral space went so well that I was able to move on to semi-neutral. Now, now: I keep saying “don’t rush it. don’t ruin this budding bond by undue acceleration…” — but I am thrilled!

Lint will be a different story; his behaviour by Deirdra’s condo has been off and on aggressive, with Deirdra ignoring him or sometimes reciprocating. I put up blinds in the ground floor of her condo to settle things down (Lint is free-range hanging out around the condo most of the time). 

I will let Mops and Deirdra spend the day together on the patio, and then at night I will put Mops back with Lint while Deirdra has the condo to herself.  

I will report back tomorrow to post how Lint reacted to Mops’ smelling like another bun…

• Deleted User
        Participant

OK. Today went great. Mops was back with Lint overnight and Lint showed no aggression toward him even though Mops had been in contact with ‘the new bun on the block’ — they hung out together as usual.

Put Mops and Deirdra back together for two hours on my patio deck in the evening today and it was as if they were happy to meet again… Deirdra seemed to get energized from his presence but showed no aggression. Mops will run away from her but then coome right back closer towards her, there was head lowerig from both of them, nose touching, sniffing each other, but no grooming, yet. By the time I brought them back inside they were both sleeping but a couple of feet apart.

My goal for now is to keep this routine up until I see them comfortable enough for Deirdra to share her condo with Mops. She’s protective of that space toward me, lunges a bit at my legs when I go in to clean it.

• Deleted User
          Participant

3rd session today went well. There are signs of progress. Mops wants to be groomed by Deirdra, she is thinking of humping him but very tentative about it. She is aggressive toward him over food at this point but it doesn’t cause any fights since Mops will just take off.

Here are two highlights of today’s session.

I found this configuration cute!

This is the first request for grooming, and *almost* answered — Deirdra got to thinking of humping….

…to be continued…

• RabbitPam
            11002 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like it’s going well.
              Love your pix.

• Deleted User
              Participant

Thanks, RP.

The truth is that bonding Mops to anybun isn’t very hard… he is just so agreeable.

I’m thinking of putting him and Deirdra into the condo together… with the tunnel section blocked so I can intervene in case Deirdra gets territorial.

• Deleted User
                Participant

OK, condo today: Mops and Deidra are in the condo together today for a couple of hours. Overnight, he  will go back to Lint.

• Deleted User
                  Participant

I think Mops and Deirdra are fine together. I opened the tunnels in the condo and they snuggled together… This means, Lint will get to be with Mops p/t only (at night) and Deirdra gets to have him in the day time for more bonding.

I am going to make a new thread about Lint and Deirdra…

• jerseygirl
                    22345 posts Send Private Message

It does appear that they are getting on well. Phew, 1 down…. I’m enjoying the photo diary too!

• ZooLady
                      Participant
                      65 posts Send Private Message

Geez…..everyones bonding experiences seem so positive. I afraid that my rabbits will never get to that point!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Started bonding Mops & Deirdra