Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Started bonding August and Buster

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cajunboi
      Participant
      42 posts Send Private Message

It’s been a month since their Neuter and I’ve Started Bonding August and Buster… When I first took in The two little boys I had them in the same room not to close to each other… Every once in a while as I was cleaning their cages one or both would escape and they would run to each other and mount… So they have had contact quite a bit since I’ve had them… Since the neuter I have switched their stuffed bunnies everyday or so… Buster is not in the least bit aggressive… He immediately cuddles with the stuffed bunny, plays with it, carries it around the cage, grooms it… August takes more time to investigate and sniff things out… after a while he chills out… So now I’ve started letting them out together and they are not aggressive but they mount each other ALOT! They circle and mount… Buster mounts August more but when Buster tires out, August turns and mounts Buster… Then they both lay out next to each other and rest… Buster will groom August and he just tolerates it… Buster is mister affectionate and you can see August just puts up with it and then runs away… Buster then gives chase and August stops takes a mounting and then runs again till they both tire out…. it’s really cute to watch them…

I am just wondering if this is normal? Are they bonding unusually fast? I have placed their cages next to each other and it seems that August is making territorial poops again… Isn’t that supposed to stop after neuter? It’s not alot but he’s still doing it… August is VERY skittish since his neuter! He seems very angry with me… He turns his back on me almost everytime I walk in the room… He’s a funny little booger….

Any opinions or comments from you experts is very appreciated… I just want to be doing this right so I can get thm bonded… I am ready to have just ONE bunny condo! LOL!

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I have had some rabbits bond in no time – there really isn’t a set time that it will happen some happen fast, some happen very slow.

Territorial poops don’t necessarily stop after neutering and since you are bonding them there are bound to be some territorial issues.

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

Mounting is fine as long as they are allowing it and not fighting. They are working out who’s the boss issues. Just keep a close eye so that the dont’ get into a fight, but as it sounds now they are working out their issues. The fact they are both mounting means they both are wanting to be dominant, but one will have to give in to be the more passive of the two, or they can both come to some sort of understanding. But the fact they are still working on it does mean they could get into a tiff about it so just watch carefully.

Most of my bonding experienced have progressed rather quickly – by the end of the month they are either bonded or well on their way. However, I am now dealing with a 2nd bonding experience where things are taking much longer. So, like Sarita said, there really is no set time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Started bonding August and Buster