Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR spring fever?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • thencamebun
      Participant
      30 posts Send Private Message

so, iorek was neutered a few weeks ago and he has not sprayed once since then. he also started eating SOOO much better, and i managed to litter box train him (it took like a week and a half.) well, the last 3 days he’s picked another spot to pee in. he uses the litter box whenever he poops and on occasion he’ll pee in it but for the most part he goes to the opposite corner to pee. last night he peed in his food bowl (it was empty, it was his pellet dish and he only gets 2 teaspoons of pellets at night.) he’s also being more nippy lately. oh and whereas before he loved the dogs and would snuggle up to them and even cleaned the one, he now chases them after them (it’s aggressivley too, not the bunny tag game.) i wonder if it’s because spring has sprung.

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

could be spring fever.  i’ve heard it can take a bit for the hormones to die down after altering too.  my baby bun will pee in any dish in her cage… she likes to perch on something to pee.  you could try to get dishes that hang from the cage / clip onto the cage.  do you have room to put a second litter in the corner where he pees?  i have 3 litters spread around for the buns… i put one in each corner they like to pee in, although right now they’re not bonded & are peeing to mark territory so we may be fighting different battles.  still… it may be worth a try.  i use cheap dollar store containers for my extra litters.

• thencamebun
          Participant
          30 posts Send Private Message

as of right now there’s no room for a second box. i just bought the NIC cubes and saturday will be making a nice big bunny condo for him. so there will be more room to put more boxes in.

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

well what a stinker… he’s trying to hurry you up maybe?  have fun building the nic condo!

• bunnytowne
              Participant
              7537 posts Send Private Message

yes some like to pee in their food don’t know why usually a food bowl that attaches to the cage and they can’t get their hiney to it solves the problem.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR spring fever?