Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Splayed legs?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • angoralvr
      Participant
      500 posts Send Private Message

Ok, this day/week has been crazy. A member on another forum I am on has been trying to bring in two bunnies from California. Both of these bunnies have a splayed front leg and a splayed back leg. I think I am going to end up picking them up at the airport because the other person was not able to get off work and because of the bad weather (it’s been snowing pretty hard) I am not going to attempt the hour drive to deliver them tonight.

Anyone with experience with bunnies with splayed legs? I really just need to know what basic things I am going to need to alter for them for the night. I do know already that they are accustomed to using puppy pads instead of a litter box and I have some of them already. I’m sure they need a low sided bowl and food dish as well but is there anything else important I am missing?

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

They might need a water bottle as opposed to a water crock, depending on how bad the diability is with the leg. Traction is essential (or at least that is what I have been told) so towels, but you said you have puppy pads so that works too.
          The weather here was bad last night, we got 5″ of snow, most of it melted today though.

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

I like using sheepskin too – absorbant if bunny urinates and it if they lay on it the top will not be wet and it will be comfortable and you can wash and dry it too.  Make sure hay and food are within reach too. 

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
            Participant
            319 posts Send Private Message

I’ve heard that they just need the litterbox cut so that they can crawl in it instead of hopping into it.

• osprey
              Participant
              2065 posts Send Private Message

Hey Angoragrl, I was reading about your rescue on that other site this morning.  i did not realize that you participated there too.  I was marginally involved in this rescue, as I helped Auntie Heather put together an appeal for these two injured bunnies before SaveABunny stepped in and saved them.  Thank you for help with the transport and fostering.  Rabbit people are so helpful when a bun is in trouble.

• angoralvr
                Participant
                  Posted By osprey on 02/01/2008 2:12 PM

Hey Angoragrl, I was reading about your rescue on that other site this morning.  i did not realize that you participated there too.  I was marginally involved in this rescue, as I helped Auntie Heather put together an appeal for these two injured bunnies before SaveABunny stepped in and saved them.  Thank you for help with the transport and fostering.  Rabbit people are so helpful when a bun is in trouble.

You are very welcome and it’s not a problem at all. If you read the other thread, you probably realized I was at the airport 24 hours early, which means I am going to be leaving to pick them up FOR REAL THIS TIME in just a little bit. I am always happy to help any bunny (or any animal for that matter) in need.  I really like that we have a map of our members over there for rescue purposes. Does this site have something like that? If so, I guess I just missed it.

• Binkles
                  Participant
                  823 posts Send Private Message

=3 If you go to BunSpace.com and register, there’s a bunny on there named “Tender Juicy Floppy Leg” who has a genetic mutation, I’m guessing similar to this, that makes his legs go all wonky as well. He’s in really good shape and very well taken care of, so i would highly reccomend you speak with his bunny mommy.

If for some reason you can’t find him, he’s on both of my buns’ buddy lists. There names are “Binki Agoutii” and “Little-Bit”.

• angoralvr
                    Participant
                      Posted By Binkles on 02/03/2008 10:15 PM

=3 If you go to BunSpace.com and register, there’s a bunny on there named “Tender Juicy Floppy Leg” who has a genetic mutation, I’m guessing similar to this, that makes his legs go all wonky as well. He’s in really good shape and very well taken care of, so i would highly reccomend you speak with his bunny mommy.

If for some reason you can’t find him, he’s on both of my buns’ buddy lists. There names are “Binki Agoutii” and “Little-Bit”.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I will make sure Leaf (their new mommy) sees this.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Splayed legs?