Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Spaying/neuter jinx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • kralspace
      Participant
      2663 posts Send Private Message

ack, I took Pringles to the 3rd vet for ‘fixing’ and it’s been postponed again. Maybe this bunny wasn’t destined to be sterile.

I took him/her to my regular vet (before I realized I needed a real bunny doctor) twice and the vet said it was a boy and ‘they’ hadn’t dropped yet. The 3rd visit I stayed in the room and held Pringles while he looked again and finally asked ME ‘where do rabbits keep them anyway?’ We’re outta there!

2 months later I took Pringles to a local vet who is pretty rabbit savy and neuters males. I get a laughing phone call about noon that HE is a SHE and they don’t do spays. Home again and major stink eye for a week.

After talking with people in the North Texas Rabbit Society they send me to the one vet in Waco that they trust.  He’s older and has doesn’t work everyday. We go and get cancelled 2 different times.

Today, after calling at 5 pm yesterday and confirming our appointment again, I get to the vet’s office and he’s called in sick. YIKES. This bunny is really mad at me. They’re keeping her for me today since it’s a 30 mile drive home and we’ll reschedule again.

If this doesn’t work, I guess I’ll take 2 days vacation to drive to Dallas with Pringles, they keep them 2 days, then come home and work from the house a day or 2 to be around to watch her. I wish a vet here in Waco would realize this is a specialty they really need to get into!

sorry, just venting. That rabbit is going to be furious when I pick her up this afternoon. She was angry that I didn’t let her out of the cage at the normal time this moring and I found ALL the litter kicked outside the cage.

Kathy

1814312746371.jpg

• cookie627
        Participant
        387 posts Send Private Message

oh wow!!!!!!!! i would be mad if that was happening to me!!! as a matter of fact i’m getting my bun neutered tomorrow.

• osprey
          Participant
          2065 posts Send Private Message

Hey kralspace, I saw your post on Craig’s List Pet Forum!

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

Kralspace,  OMG.  That’s just ridiculous!  I can’t believe it.   You have every right to vent!  I would be highly frustrated!!!  I am mad just reading your post.   Arggh!!!     

I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed, and my bunnies are keeping their paws crossed that it will soon finally work out!! Dagnab those bad experiences!  (is dagnab really a word?…anyway, you know what I mean)

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh my I would be at the end of my rope with that. But in the end it’s best to have it done, I just wish you didn’t have to drive so far.

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

wow what a mess! I will commend you for being so conscientious and not giving up. i am so sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough time, i would be pretty angry too.

• kralspace
                  Participant
                  2663 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for all the comfort. I’m not really angry with the vet, just frustrated. Pringles really enjoyed the run of the house in the evenings, but once she hit puberty and started peeing and heavily marking everything, especially my bed, I’ve had to confine her to back to one room where I can watch her closely.

She was honking mad when I picked her up. The vet tech had put her back in the box (my daughter has my carrier right now) and called for an aide to bring her out front to me and the aide didn’t know what was in there. The box was barking, huffing and oinking all at the same time with a thump or two thrown in…lol

She couldn’t believe it was a rabbit.  Guess we’ll try again later

• BinkyBunny

A huffing box! HAHAHAHA! Well, you have incredible patience! Were they able to reschedule the surgery?

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                      Participant
                      2517 posts Send Private Message

That made me laugh out loud, too! Crazy she-buns!

• wendyzski
                        Participant
                        1312 posts Send Private Message

I can see my Pepper making a fuss like that too.

"Timid little woodland creature" my @$$!!

• BinkyBunny
                            Posted By wendyzski on 08/17/2007 8:47 AM

I can see my Pepper making a fuss like that too.

"Timid little woodland creature" my @$$!!

That is soo true!  I don’t know how many people I have talked to that are amazed that bunnies even growl.  When I tell them all the other antics they are shocked.  I guess the image of sweet gentle little fuzzy faces and cute puffy tails is quite deceiving.  Bunnies can be bossy and very opinionated. I just love ’em!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Spaying/neuter jinx