Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Sound Proof Mats

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • JackWabbit13
      Participant
      73 posts Send Private Message

Hey y’all! I got a problem… No surprise, I’m sure

So, I keep my rabbit pen in a book in my room. My dad’s bed just happens to be right under the rabbit pen. And I think the builders forgot sounds mat in the ceiling, because when Jumping Jack plays with her toys at night, it keeps my dad up

My dad isn’t well educated on a pet’s needs. Like, at all. He made me keep Jumping Jack in the garage for a long time, and if I don’t keep it quiet in my room, she’s back in the garage. If that happens, I’m gonna have to find a better home for her, because the garage is a horrible place for her

So I need to keep it quiet in my room. My first idea was taking away toys at night, and give them back in the morning, but my dad is in charge of the pets in the morning when I’m at my mom’s. He sometimes doesn’t remember to feed her in the morning, so there’s no way I can get him to put out toys as well. Then I thought of some sort of soft, sound Proof mat? If she throws her wood toys on a soft mat, it’ll make less noise. We do have weird floors, though, so the mats can’t be rubber or silicone based

So any ideas on a good mat? Maybe another idea?

• Cinnimon&Ollie
        Participant
        300 posts Send Private Message

Maybe a no pile carpet? I got some at ikea for only 10 and 20 dollars! ( 10 for the smaller one 20 for the larger one ) They are working well. Also, you could try changing the toys out at night for softer toys like loofa or seagrass mats so it’s not as loud. Also try explaining the needs of rabbits to your father and why they can’t be in the garage, sit him down and explain, if you haven’t tried already, but even if you have maybe try again? I don’t know how your room is put together but if possible move the pen?

• JackWabbit13
            Participant
            73 posts Send Private Message

I’ll try the carpet, and I never thought of softer toys. Thanks for the ideas!

• Bladesmith
            Participant
            849 posts Send Private Message

You can put down some cheap area rugs, with low pile, and that should be enough.  I’d avoid those interlocking foam “shop mats”, which while effective and relatively cheap, are easily chewed up and ingested.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Sound Proof Mats