Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Sorry its been awhile (new Bunny condo!!!)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • x liddo bunny x
      Participant
      314 posts Send Private Message

sorry it has been awhile since i was last active on Binky bunny but i am geting ready to transfer next spring so i am really concentrating on my studies but now i am back!!! and hopefully i can go on a little more often. =)

well as i mentioned, i finally built my Bunny condo!!! (after having all the supplies sit in the corner of my room for about 3 months…. =P) my bunnies’ condo is not that big but i think they like the space every much. =P i know what u might be thinking, why the heck is it right next to my bed. if you think about it, it is really nice to have them to observe while you are sleeping and it is really cute when they snuggle up beside the cage right next to you. not to worry about the stray poos. i even built a poo guard along the side of the condo if you look carefully. =P

i think i bought too many NIC cubes becuase i was even able to build an organizer for all their food and supplies and i still had enough left to make another one (but i didnt build a second one).

my bunny condo looks rather plain so i am looking for more things to put inside their cage to keep em busy. hopefully i can find something around the house.

kinda short on money right now. bad part was i was considering adding a new bunny member into our family to serve as a bf for either mochi or emo but because of my circumstances, i dont think i can adopt a boy yet. =( i am so very sad. i had already started looking at some too. i feel sorry for betsy and others at bunny botique because i sorta did a sike on them. but hopefully i can adopt a boy soon. there are so many bunnies out there that want just a loving family to be apart of and i would like to beable to provide that some some bunny. =) well thats all for now, i have to go to sleep because i have school at 11 tomorrow morning. wish me luck and hopefully i can add a new member to my family soon.

here is a picture of mochi with her really wet mouth. i have another picture of her caught in the act but i didnt have the chance to up load it yet. =)

look at her left cheek (our right) hehehe she is so messy.

id like to close with some pictures =P

one of the most recent "cute" pictures i have of emo ^ ^

and then there is mochi. boy does she love the camera.

-ps- even though i dont have room, i try to make room for my little bunnies and i believe as long as they have some time aroudn the house to roam, they will be happy with what ever they have. =)

• x liddo bunny x
        Participant

you all notice how in the background the room is VERY messy? thats what happens when u share a room with a teenage boy… – -” darn him…… he doesnt even sleep on his bed anymore because he has so much stuff on it (its a queen too!!!) so he sleeps on mine -_-” oh well, there is always my bf’s house for the night =)

• poopy
          Participant
          684 posts Send Private Message

love the pink theme! there’s an adoption event at the Irvine shelter Sat. the 28th. from 10-3 I believe. I might stop by if I have time because I want to buy some willow tunnels from Bunny Bunch. i can bring you a big box of oat hay if i do go. i bought a 120lb bale so i’ve got plenty. you might want to have more hay available to them than whats in that little holder

• x liddo bunny x
            Participant

i usually put hay in their litterbox but recently ive been trying feline pine and it makes things alot more messy when i use that and put hay in the litterbox so lately ive been using that basket. but i always make sure they have some as soon as they eat half. =) my brother also helps me out with that when i have a really busy schedule. but yesterday i reverted back to the paper litter and i am also putting hay into their litter box too. if i can get some oat hay off of you that would be great. i dont mind paying you for some of it. =) hopefully i’ll see you on the 28th. do you know the address of the shelter?

• poopy
              Participant
              684 posts Send Private Message

message me on gmail like a day before. the bunnybunch will be there so it’d be a great opportunity for you to bring your buns and meet another one since you mentioned you wanted another.

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello! I loooove the pink too! I bought a bunch of pink stuff when I first got Juli – but then when Kramer moved into her cage he objected to the girliness so now their cage is all white – Raymond’s “theme color” is orange, and I’m still working on Gracie’s color. She seems to like green, and that matches the hay, so I think she and Raymond will have a green/orange cage when they move in together.

Don’t worry about not getting a boy bunny right away – we always prefer that they get adopted to a home thats nice and ready for a new bun, so its a good idea to wait until you’re all ready!

PS: your buns are soooo cute in those pics!

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

That’s a great condo! You may need a bit more support on the 2nd level, so if you find it caving in a bit or unstable add another cube tile to the on the middle wall where there is only one right now. I know that will limit their entry and exit to the 2nd level but they’ll figure it out. OR add a metal or wood support there instead. You could use some sort of brackets to secure wood or metal ends. 

Note if you use wood, they could chew on it.    We didnt’ have that problem with our bunnies, so they were fine, but be sure to stay away from redwood as that is toxic for bunnies if they digest it.

• x liddo bunny x
                    Participant

yea, i know it looks a little unstable and the crookedness is bugging the heck out of me but surprisingly because of the way my father built the very top 4 cube thingys (he used thick wire and a metal pole about 1/5 a centimeter thick and it seems to hold the thing in place really well. my bunnies hop on it all the time and it doesnt seem to shake. however, the bottom story (middle) is alot less stable than the top floor. =/ weird but imma be on the safe side and put a wooden dowel there. that story doesnt have a wall on that place is so i can get in to clean. =) funny but i fit in the cage. =P

• x liddo bunny x
                      Participant

my bunnies are also rearrangers and i found out that nothing can be on their top floor. when i say nothing, i mean NOTHING!!! if i put a food dish up there, they will eat it all and push down the bowl either that or if they are full, they will just push it down. they even pushed down the veggie bowl. then i put their play log tunnel up there and they pushed that down too. silly bunnies. so thank god i experimented with the food before the litterbox went there. what is funny is they will not push down the water dish, unless it is empty. lol

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Sorry its been awhile (new Bunny condo!!!)