Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Some very sad news

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • skunklionshow
      Participant
      1257 posts Send Private Message

I very very sorry to report that Trigger, the mini-rex from my therapy program died last week.  I’ve been working w/ his family to get them appropriate supplies and working on getting him neutered.  From what I understand, he accidently got out of the house.  His little body was found on their stoop the next day.  It is not clear how he died, whether it was someone in the neighborhood or due to exposure.  There was no apparent injury to him.  I will be seeing the boys on Friday, so I plan to process this w/ them.

I was following up w/ a treatment plan for another one of my former students current client.  On the paperwork I faxed to my former program, I put a memo that "I was sorry to hear about Trigger’s passing".  I was trying to be a little snotty to the program, b/c I felt like they didn’t fight hard enough to keep the rabbits after I left.  I know that the site had problems w/ the rabbits, b/c the janitors were "afraid of them big rats"!  I’m just feeling a little guilty for leaving Trigger and Oreo to the program instead of trying to rehome them.  I made a commitment to each person that surrendered their rabbit to us and my former job couldn’t live up to that commitment.  Our head office had agreed to take the rabbits if anything ever happened…so I don’t know why my old job didn’t accept that offer.  I’m just feeling kind of sad and guilty right now.  He was such a great rabbit and touched so many children’s lives by his wild and crazy antics.

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

aww, I am so sorry to hear such sad news. I know how much love and energy you put into that program and all the bunnies.

Was this the same bunny you were trying to figure out how to get the supplies to the family? I don’t mean to be morbid, but it may be that poor Trigger was frightened to death 🙁

*hugs*

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

Poor Trigger – I will light a candle for him.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

*HUGS* from me too. It is a very sad moment to know Trigger has passed. What a great bun he was, he’s crossed the rainbow bridge to be with our other beloved bunnies that have passed as well. Don’t be mad at yourself or guilty.  You could have never known what would happen.

• xnovalentine
              Participant
              309 posts Send Private Message
                What a great bun he was, he’s crossed the rainbow bridge to be with our other beloved bunnies that have passed as well. Don’t be mad at yourself or guilty. You could have never known what would happen.

I agree — you could of never known that such a terrible event could have happened. Although this is a sad time for you and for others, I think you should look at all the good you’ve done and all the other rabbits that have benefited from you. I don’t know much about what you do, but from what you’ve said above you’ve really helped in a big way. Don’t look down on yourself, and feeling guilty is not what trigger would have wanted (cheesey – but oh so true!)

I hope you have a great day tomorrow – and stay positive! Much love!

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

i’m so sorry to hear this.

• babybunsmum
                  Participant
                  3896 posts Send Private Message

i’m so sorry for your loss.  i’m new here & i obviously don’t know your personal situation, but from reading this post i feel compelled to say… please be kind to yourself and when you feel a pang of guilt (so normal when grieving) think of all the help you gave Trigger dispite the politics that unfortunately always come along.  big hugs to you. 

peace

christine

• Spacehopper
                    Participant
                    540 posts Send Private Message

Oh my goodness, that’s so sad!

• Deleted User
                      Participant
                      22064 posts Send Private Message

That is so heartbreaking. I am sorry for your loss, please don’t feel guilty. You have tried so hard to to overcome the politics to help the rabbits.

• Martie
                        Participant
                        82 posts Send Private Message

I so very sorry, I’m new also so I do not know all the history, but my heart hurts for you this morning.

• FredsDad
                          Participant
                          41 posts Send Private Message

I looked over at Fred this morning and shed a tear for your loss. My heart is a little heavy for you today. Dont feel guilty, but accept your sadness.

• wendyzski
                            Participant
                            1312 posts Send Private Message

I know how hard you worked to care for all the bunnies from the program, and I know you must feel so awful about his passing.

But look at all the ones you DID save.  They are happy and cared for, and loved.  I hope this will comfort you.

• skunklionshow
                              Participant
                              1257 posts Send Private Message

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I put so much effort and love into that program, not to mention money, and was very happy that these little buns added so much to these kids lives.  I really need to keep reminding myself of that now.  Trigger was a favorite in the program!  He resided w/ the k-3 grade kids.  He was very much like those kids:  wild, crazy, and totally fearless!  Our custodial staff at our previous location loved him.  They would bring him treats and tell me about his "after hours" antics.  His passing is a great loss.  Your kind words help to remind me that even during his short time w/ our program he touched many people’s lives.  Everyone knew and loved Trigger.  He had such a warm and open personality and had such character and charm.

Yes this is the family that I’ve been providing w/ supplies.  I actually gave them a huge bag of litter and hay about a month ago and was preparing a holiday package for them.  This is also the bunny that fathered my Jessi’s mistake litter.  Thanks again everyone!

• Deleted User
                                Participant
                                22064 posts Send Private Message

Our thoughts are with you, the passing of any pet is always such bad news. It seems they wiggle their way right into our hearts. Hold on to your bunny memories and try to dwell on the good things.

So sorry for your loss

Ashley, Olaf and Levi

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Some very sad news