Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Some formal introductions :)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • DanaNM
      8930 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone 🙂

Some of you already know this, but I have some new fuzz balls to introduce!

Sadly over Christmas Bertha passed away. She was a lovely old age and went peacefully, but of course we were devastated and thought she would outlive us all.

In March I believe, we brought home Myra. She went on a hoppy hour date with Bun Jovi and they had the most peaceful calm date. After a couple weeks pre-bonding it only took about 2 weeks to bond them (FINALLY an easy one!). She’s a lovely sweet girl who is still settling in, but likes pets when she’s in the right mood, and freely dispenses the boops when she would like a treat or you’re in her way. Bun Jovi still runs around honking like a teenager even though he’s almost 12!

Then, probably about a month ago I picked up a shift at the rescue, and there was this bunny I just couldn’t stop thinking about. This lady Bonnie, who apparently gets along very well with other bunnies, but had been at a shelter in the next town over for about 2 -3 years, then was brought to our shelter to help her chances of getting adopted (the shelter in my town has a much better socialization program and adoption rates). She was very scared and getting cage aggressive (she hates being picked up and would pounce your hands if you moved your hands too close). So of course we are fostering her. 😀

I might try for the trio… but want to build her trust a bit more first. Bun Jovi doesn’t mind her presence at all (I honestly don’t think he even noticed her for about a week lol), and tends to lay near her pen. Myra was very flustered at first (there was a small tiff with a confused Bun Jovi the first week) but she has since calmed down, but is still keeping a close eye on her! Thankfully there haven’t been any poop or pee wars. Bonnie seems to like them and gets more active and curious when she can see them.

So who knows, but Bonnie seems happy and relaxed. We did her nails yesterday and she was a dream! She still hasn’t worked up the courage to come out and exercise, but we’re just letting her do things on her own time. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Louiethebunny
        Participant
        603 posts Send Private Message

Wow! they are all so perfect! what cuties!

• jerseygirl
          22342 posts Send Private Message

Everyone of them is squishable! I hadn’t realised Bonnie had the white on her nose until these latest photos I’ve seen. So cute!

• Hazel
            Participant
            2587 posts Send Private Message

Sounds promising! They’re gonna make such a beautiful trio. 🙂

• DanaNM

Thanks everyone!

I kinda think Bonnie and Myra almost look like photo-negatives of each other. Except the ears!  You can’t see her feet in the pic but Bonnie has light feet, with one of her front feet totally white.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
                16898 posts Send Private Message

Bonnie!!! <3

FYI – You’re still crazy! LOL

• DanaNM

LOL, I’m well aware! 😆

• Q8bunny
                    Participant
                    6345 posts Send Private Message

Naaaww! New bun faces! ☺️💕

I’m always dreaming of an easy bond! 😭

And if you pull off a trio, then you can try a quad, and then a quintet, and then a proper fluffle! 😂

• DanaNM

Hahahaha that’s how it goes I hear! I don’t need any encouragement lol.

Myra is still keeping a VERY close eye on Bonnie, so not sure how easy they will be. But things can be quite different in neutral space, so who knows.

I’m just happy there haven’t been any pee wars!

• DanaNM

Bonnie finally decided to come out of her pen for some exercise yesterday!

It was during a slightly chaotic moment too, I was surprised (we were unloading groceries and there was a loud truck outside). But I had left some pellets just outside her pen to coax her out and she hopped out to eat them. 🙂

I’m so proud of her. <3

I just have an x-pen attached to her pen so it’s not a ton of space yet, but I left it up overnight and saw her out and exploring a few times. 🙂

• Louiethebunny
                          Participant
                          603 posts Send Private Message

When I got my bun he was reluctant to leave his pen, but now he is one little troublemaker. Every day he learns something new 😀

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Some formal introductions :)