Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Some awesome bonding with Kibou. And then. She peed. On my new couch.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lion_Lop_Lover
      Participant
      971 posts Send Private Message

The buns haven’t had as much one on one time with me since all of this stuff started going down 3 weeks ago. For this I am sorry to them, but they understand.

Kibou hadn’t had a nice cuddle with me in a while…she’s become such a white puffball it’s incredible ; she has way more hair than Yuuki did at the same age (she’s a Lionhead, 6 months old, hasn’t started shedding out yet).

She’s also become quite the Diva lately with hormones raging…

Additionally, she was quite bonded to Nick…who, well, isn’t here anymore

Anyway, so I snaked my hands into the cage and got her by surprise  No projectile pissing on me this time! Grabbed the little fart and lo and behold she had a big poop stuck in her white fur on her belly…Bah, so I carried her to the garbage can and grabbed the scissors and just cut the section of poop fur off…it was still wet so the kleenex smeared it.

Thennn…I brought her over to my new cute little blue couch I bought for myself and sat down, grabbed the brush and brushed the beejesus out of her; she kept digging on me, I guess she enjoyed it, and then after I took out a bunch of hair, I just sat there petting her…she sat, patiently, and then started to purr/chatter! I was like, ‘Aw…you do like me…’

Anyway, pet her and watched TV for 10 mins or so, then decided I was going to do a Kibou photoshoot…put her one the couch to get the camera, came back and she jumped forward a few steps… and…

PEE. PEE ON MY NEW COUCH!!!!!!

I looked at her and said “Good god, woman, you couldn’t wait 2 seconds?” got some dry and wet paper towel and tried to get as much as possible…I just pray it doesn’t stain! My new couch is so cute!

Anyway, her photoshoot has been postponed, obviously…but…yeah…

Cute story I thought.

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

LOL, it was all an evil plot to lull you into a false sense of security. I have to rebond with Shadow. He has recovered from his neuter but he is making me pay big time. I can’t get to touchy cause he thinks I am gonna flip him over to inspect his groin or give him meds or stuff him in a carrier. I get no sympathy from the bf…all he says is what did you expect after what you did to him. I put my hand in the cage to give him more hay in his litter box and the bugger gave me a volley of one two punches! He was never territorial with me before.

Sounds like we both have to do some serious bunny butt smooching.

• skunklionshow
          Participant
          1257 posts Send Private Message

I honestly feel that bunny behavior is a bigger mystery than “who kidnapped the Lindbergh baby ” or  “whatever happened to Amelia Earhart”!  I’m sure that from the bunny point of view she was showing her love/ pleasure w/ you by scenting your bed w/ her pee.  However, I am confident that if I peed in my Jessica’s bed she would not be that appreciative….Leo on the other hand probably would.  I have used white vinegar & H20 on fabrics and haven’t had any discoloration.  You might want to spot treat first, to ensure that it won’t affect the couch fabric.  My Jessi used to pee on the cat beds all the time.  That’s when she lost free roaming priviliges.  Once Leo recovers from his neuter, we will try free roams/romps again. 

Bunzai:  give the BF a thump on the head from me.  Its amazing how men relate their own fear of neuter feelings upon all animal situations.  Does he also feel that neutering is “unnatural”?  Sorry for the rant.  Don’t forget that craisins go a long way in the rebond process

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh man I was chuckling at the title of your post LL! Oh that stinker! Maybe next time lay some plastic down then a towel over it so she doesn’t mark your spiffy new couch and we get to see and enjoy the photoshoot! : )

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

Skunklionshow…consider BF thumped. When I met him, he lived with 3 unaltered male dogs. Needless to say he had marking issues. For all the strays he picked up, he never knew about neutering. So he said. Meanwhile he is assisting with a trap, neuter, release program for a local feral cat colony and that is ok. He just can’t see that the temporary discomfort is better than a life of frustration. In out door cats its ok cause no little kittens will be born only to starve and get run over. In house animals he does not see the need. Don’t apologize for the rant, it is more polite than he gets from me. LOL. And trust me, I am not above bribing Shadow with treats. He loves mint, so he will sit on my lap for that, but once its gone, I get no love. Now the BF gets all the free attention. Tell me its not a conspiracy!

It has been a week now and not once had Shadowpee’d on the floor where the cats like to hang out. He goes in his litter box only. The poor dog is going crazy trying to understand why there are no more “snacks”.

L-L cant wait to see the pictures. Hope your couch has survived the incident.

• babybunsmum
                Participant
                3896 posts Send Private Message

oh what a stinker!  to reward a nice bonding session with leaving a puddle.  guess the new couch had to be christened

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

ooo those naughty territorial peeing incidents! well what bunny could resist peeing on the new couch?

• Sage Cat
                    Participant
                    1883 posts Send Private Message

Yea, new stuff – totally has to be christened!

Great story.
                      Kibou – great name!

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                      Participant
                      971 posts Send Private Message

Thanks Sage And everyone…!

Kibou’s name means “Hope” in Japanese. I bought her and Yuuki within a month of each other when the troubles with my ex-boyfriend started. Yuuki means “Courage” and Kibou was the “hope” Nick and I would make it through. But we didn’t. Oh well, she’s still a cute fluffball.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Some awesome bonding with Kibou. And then. She peed. On my new couch.