Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Soap around the room

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ayesha
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hey members, this is my first post!

I am getting my bunny tomorrow and as I’m doing touch ups to bunny-proofing my room I realized that I forgot something:

I keep pieces of soap bars around my room (corners mostly) in order to help keep away bugs and most importantly, spiders! It doesn’t keep them off the walls and ceiling but for the most part it keeps them from the bed and lower parts of the walls where I might not notice them (I’m not very fond of spiders at all!). Anyway, I am worried that my new bun might try to eat them. I’m not sure whether I should remove them or if she will be put off by the soapy smell (its Irish spring so its strongly scented), or if she might try a nibble and leave them alone. The pieces are not small enough to swallow(about an inch by half an inch per piece), but I would love some opinions on what I should do. Since I’m not expecting a response before I get her, I will be removing them until I get some help! 

Thank you,

Ayesha

• Wick & Fable
        5782 posts Send Private Message

I say cover them with like, a mini pencil holder so the scent can still go through the holes, but anchor it so your rabbit can’t get in or knock it off.

Always assume rabbits will just eat things like that, and it’s definitely not safe.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Rain
          Participant
          547 posts Send Private Message

Yes Ayesha, you should DEFINITELY remove those soap bars. Bunnies tend to chew their way into big messes pretty often. And they put their cute little mouths on everything, especially things they should NOT have. I know how it feels to accidentally come across a spider! Yikes. What you can do is put mint around those lower areas. So even if the bunny does eat it, it won’t hurt her at all. Mint isn’t harmful to rabbits in any way unless you give too much of it as it is high in sugar and stuff. Bugs hate mint as much as soap. You can also spray a bit of vingar on corners and stuff. Bugs hate that too, and so do bunnies. I hope this helps you!

• shelbyelby
            Participant
            38 posts Send Private Message

Yes, the rabbit will be all over those soap bars! haha

• Mikey
              Participant
              3186 posts Send Private Message

All three of my bunnies will try to eat anything. One of mine will even eat something even if he absolutely hates it (he gobbles it down so fast he doesnt realize until after hes eaten it that he doesnt like it, lol). It could be a pile of fur after being brushed and he wouldnt realize its not food until hes tried to eat some of it. I really recommend removing the soap or putting it some place your rabbit will never be able to reach.

Mint plants are much better at keeping spiders away, and mint in fair quantities are safe for rabbits

• Ayesha
                Participant
                7 posts Send Private Message

Thanks a ton!

I will definitely try to get some mint and see how that works!

• Rain
                  Participant
                  547 posts Send Private Message

That’s great! You can find mint at most grocery stores in the produce section. Good luck with your new bunny!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Soap around the room