Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A So Tuckina? Tuckerina?

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alicia Conklin
      Participant
      721 posts Send Private Message

Ok so I am not 100% sure…but I’m about 80% sure that Tucker is a girl.  We got him on his back today…he semi tranced..I will have to work with him more maybe tomorrow..I’m getting the stink eye of all stink eyes right now..but we got him on his back and I rubbed his head and he was calm.  Mike tried looking for testicles while I was doing this.  Tucker was NOT so happy about us being down there but Mike could not see nor feel any testicles.  Are they ALWAYS pink though?  Or sometimes are they completely covered with hair?  There was definitely nothing hair free to be found..

We got to the penis/vagina area and I am pretty sure it looked like the vagina on this page.. http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexinggirls.shtml but I then got up and looked at that page and decided I wanted to try to make it pop out like on the “boy” page and then Tucker was just at this point NOT so happy about it anymore and so I just sat with him on my lap …which he was pretty happy to do so this is a start!  But, we’ll try again tomorrow night..evening is his quiet time so it was easier and see if we can get more.  Ideally I’d love to get a picture and see if I could post it on here to get some input.  But yea..pretty sure that HE is a SHE.

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

Testicles hang down and have no fur on them. They are pink dangly things.  You may  just have a girl after all or a neutered boy. So do I say congratulations it’s a girl?

• Alicia Conklin
          Participant

Yea..definitely no pink dangly things there..I’m going to make an appt for a check up for him/her so that I can be sure

• JamieM
            Participant
            321 posts Send Private Message

Aw. I thought about that with Layla too..if she’s a boy, I’m still calling her Layla. Heck, I’m not about gender conformity one bit for humans, why would I be for pets? Tucker the Girl it is… androgyny isn’t so bad, right?

• Alicia Conklin
              Participant

Yea there is NO changing his name LOL he comes to it.  If I get vet confirmation I might turn him into Tuckerina heheh maybe if I start slowly…TuckerY…TuckerEEN…TuckerEENA  hahha

Heck at this point I’d just like if the stink eye was over!

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

Ummm – I think the stink-eye for poking around down there lasts for at least a couple days If you drop the “er” it seems to flow even better, Tuckina!

• Bob
                  Participant
                  26 posts Send Private Message

Speaking of stink-eye, my wife gave me the stink-eye when we discovered that George was a girl and she wanted to call her Georgina (George-eena) and I said “You mean George-GINA”.  Ok…she didn’t laugh either but I thought it was hysterical!  Needless to say, ANOTHER name -Susie- was duly picked.  Thankfully she’s still young.

“Plucked her eyebrows on the way…shaved her legs and then he was a she, she said hey babe…take a walk on the wild side.  I said HEY BUNNY…take a walk on the wild side!  And all the bunnies sing…Do do do do do do do do do, Do do do do do do do do do…”

• Binkles
                    Participant
                    823 posts Send Private Message

Oh! I’ve read somewhere that bunny testicles can actually completely retract up into the skin over the abdomen -in that case, there would be two ‘lumps’ right around the naval, I think. Did you check for that?

• Alicia Conklin
                      Participant

That’s why I want to try again tonight and see if I can get the penis/vagina part to pop out more so I can determine it that way.  I don’t FEEL any bumps but I’m not sure how firm I guess is the word..bunny testicles are.  There is a spot on his belly where there are darker areas and I thought that could be them..although they’re not in the area they should be I don’t think. 

Ok I know this is in no way all that needs to be seen to sex him but see those gray spots right above the genital area?  That’s the only raised area so I thought maybe that could be the area where the testicles are raised up into?  It’s not on the sides like I’ve always seen but maybe they retract in sideways causing that mound there?  That area is a bit firmer then the other areas down there but it’s definitely not like two bumps or anything.   And that’s the part that we press down on to make the penis/vagina come out.  Like I said..this picture is not nearly what needs to be seen LOL this was what my husband was trying to get by staying out of it but I needed him to do the checking while I kept Tucker calm on my lap.   He did well getting over into that position and staying there but when we try to do anything “down there” he freaks out and I let him go because I’m afraid of hurting him.  Any suggestions on how we can either keep him calm or restrain him while we check?  We were able to get a good look just the one time.

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                        Participant
                        971 posts Send Private Message

I just went to take a picture of my boys’ balls but they seem to have sucked them up because it’s cold right in the house right now…lol…If they have sucked them up you should still see 2 flaps of pink skin on either side of his genitals.

The spots above his genitals are definitely not where the testicles would be, they are too high up.

You’re not hurting him when you check, he’s probably just being a brat because he’s on his back If they do the freak out I just keep putting them into that position till they chill out…

• Alicia Conklin
                          Participant

Hmm ok definitely no flaps..and he lets me feel around more like when he’s just lounging and so I’ve tried to FEEL skin rather then hair and I can’t find anything. 

I know the checking isn’t hurting him but I’m afraid of him kicking too hard and breaking his back by me restraining him  

• Alicia Conklin
                            Participant

Ok forgive my horrible paint skills..but is that approximately the area that we should be looking for testicles in? 

• Sarita
                              Participant
                              18851 posts Send Private Message

LOL – really the best way to sex is by looking for the sex parts – sometimes they do suck up their testicles or their testicles are encapsulated.

But looking at him that way, he looks like a she to me.

• Alicia Conklin
                                Participant

OK lol we’ll go vagina hunting later and see what we find hahaha…he’ll…er she’ll…er…TUCKER …will be oh so happy to hear that   < — That's the face I'll be getting all night again!  I like to check before bedtime heheh..then I just give him a treat and then by morning he's..she's….whatever's all better   Ahh poor Tucky Tucks

• Sarita
                                  Participant

He/she is going to be all “tucker”ed out with you checking his private areas.

• Sarita
                                    Participant

A female is going to be more like a slit and a male will be more of an “O” – try shining a flashlight there but not too long because you don’t want it to get hot – sometimes it makes it easier to see – you need good lighting.

• kimberleyanddarren
                                      Participant
                                      2520 posts Send Private Message

keep us posted! will you change his/her name if its a she?

• Alicia Conklin
                                        Participant

Yea we’d have to keep his name the same even if he was a she, I have two young boys and they’d never understand why “tucker bunz” wasn’t Tucker anymore. 

• kimberleyanddarren
                                          Participant

oh thats kewl, i think tucker is an awesome name either way!

• dmh426
                                            Participant
                                            433 posts Send Private Message

hahaha. Um, Sophie is a boy. I just refuse to acknowledge it. Since she was spayed at 4 months of age i figured it doesn’t matter…..

• Sarita
                                              Participant

Really, Sophie is a boy :~) That’s too funny. Really I don’t think our rabbits care what you call them since they don’t know that names could have genders. It’s more for us anyway than them.

• Alicia Conklin
                                                Participant

LOL that’s so funny!

• Alicia Conklin
                                                  Participant

LOL I completely agree Sarita…Tucker comes to anyhting with TUCK in it really.  I usually call him Tucky Tucks or Tucky Tuck and the funky bunch…although he has no funky bunch..but yea…I dunno maybe it’s from a past obsession with Marky Mark…my one dog is also Sammi Sams and my son is Lukey Lukes and yea…. I dunno..I’m just strange

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                    Participant

LOL! ^^

• skunklionshow
                                                      Participant
                                                      1257 posts Send Private Message

I would say girl…but my vet has told me that some boys  are more “shy” than others.  They can be very tricky like that.  Leo’s balls were more pinkish than furry.  It was like extra pink skin after he attempted to “spend time” w/ Jessica.  I have a netherland dwarf that looks just like Tucker…and she looks very similar down there…but who knows.

I too like Tucker for a girl.  It’s kind of funny w/ rabbits when you have to ask the sex after you ask the name.  This happened at the vet recently.  This woman had a beautiful rabbit and I asked the name and she kind of hemmed and hawed and said, under her breath, “Princess”.  I repeated thinking I heard wrong and she said that Princess is a boy, but she can’t bring herself to change the name after having a “princess” for over a year!

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                                                        Participant

OK, I creeped on Rye and shot a couple pics…

Testicles are still visible even though there’s fur…

Feels like a dirty shot, lol… but his penis. I was pushing right above it and it just pops out.

With no flash.

Hope that helps?

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                          Participant

aw looks like tucker is a girl, looks nothing like that ^^

• Alicia Conklin
                                                            Participant

Oh wow yea that’s completely different then Tucker, when I pressed on his nothing near looking like that popped out.  I wanted to try again last night to see if I saw a slit or O on the raised part that comes out but he/she was not having ANY of that last night.  I got majorly growled at and boxed at.   I’m thinking that Tucker’s probably a girl though and that would probably also explain why he doesn’t mark things..no spraying, and he only humps his fake rabbit when he’s mad at me..so I think it’s like a dominance thing which from what I’ve read on here girl bunnies do too.  His humping definitely isn’t a very common thing..and I’d think a 9 mos old unneutered male would be pretty hump crazy.  So, just for peace of mine and so that I can officially start calling him a her I’m going to take Tucker to the vet for a check up and a nail trim and I’ll quiz them in person about the neuter/spay so that we can get that scheduled for Oct.  I hate waiting but I have to go to my father in law’s wedding and with back to school stuff too I just can’t afford that TOO this month.  Which really bites because that was the plan and then this wedding got sprung on us. 

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                                                              Participant

Actually, they don’t hump like crazy if unneutered. I have 4 males that are not neutered and none of them hump things like crazy.

I’ll try to snap more shots of my boys, just to give you a scope of different bits I think Rye is kind of well endowed…lol

• RabbitPam
                                                                11002 posts Send Private Message

LL,

That’s what I think a boy should look like, and fall in with the group that believes Tucker to be a girl. The thing is, a boy’s penis is what becomes really obvious first, and the testicles are the next part of the story.

If Tucker is humping anything at 9 months, you would probably have a clear look at his wee penis. My bunny wasn’t bad about the humping – he very often just stood on his platform and did his happy expression in the air. I called it the “toothpick.” Couldn’t miss it. Sorry now I didn’t get a pix.

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                                                                  Participant

LOL rabbitpam!

• Alicia Conklin
                                                                    Participant

She/He has only humped the stuffed bunny a few times (like after I had checked his bits lol he wanted to show that he was still the boss of SOMETHING I guesss and sometimes when the thing refuses to groom him back…usually I will get down there and have the stuffy “groom” him lol and all is well but sometimes if I am busy he’ll present for grooming and when it doesn’t respond he starts nipping at it and then humps it) and I mean I never go down and look while he’s humping…I will now though lol but I’ve never like randomly seen anything like a penis.  And he flops ALOT and usualyl right by me and I’ve never seen any testicles or penis.  I’m going to wait a few days before I do anymore checking though…I need him to like me more so that I’m not getting growled at whenever I go in the pen 😛

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                                      Participant

looks like your neuter bill just increased by a could hundred oops

• Alicia Conklin
                                                                        Participant

I know!

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                                          Participant

aw nevermind! at least you know now

• RabbitPam
                                                                            Moderator
                                                                            11002 posts Send Private Message

And the name still fits. Just tell people you named “her” after the great comedienne of the 40s, Sophie Tucker.

• Alicia Conklin
                                                                              Participant

That’s what I was thinking..although I was thinking Tanya Tucker lol

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                12067 posts Send Private Message

LOL I think Tucker is a fine name for a girl too!!

I’ve snapped those bunny crotch pics before-don’t you feel like a perv? I feel like such a weirdo poking down there, and Dave just about had me commited for asking him to take pictures LOL I’m still working on him, to have him videotape me clean anal glands so when people ask how to do it I can just pop the vid up…So far he won’t do it

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                                                  Participant

set the camera on a table or stack of books infront of u and do it yourself lol

• Alicia Conklin
                                                                                    Participant

LOL Mike looks at me the same way.  He was like I have to do what now?? why?? 

• Alicia Conklin
                                                                                      Participant

Soooo…if I pulled Tucker OFF the stuffy as he was humping and looked underneath I’d see a penis if he was a boy right?  Because I just did that and no penis showing…unless it’s really tiny and under his fur maybe…

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                                                        Participant

yeah i would say s/he has such short hair i think you would have noticed for sure

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                                                                                          Participant

How old is s/he again?

• Alicia Conklin
                                                                                            Participant

9 months

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                                                                                              Participant

Ah…yeah, if there’s no nuts visible at all, that’s totally a girl!! LOL.

• SnuggleBunny
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                53 posts Send Private Message

well, if it makes you feel any better i know what you’re going through, my hamster was sold to me as a girl and then 3 months later i found out it was a boy, only to be told another vet trip later that it is a girl… so yeah idk what it is, but its named Pickel. poor, confused little guy/girl

and secondly, my Bonnie has humped things too sometimes, so its not our of the ordinary, usually she gets really jealous when i spend time with my boyfriend and she gets over protective and shows her dominance by humping things, and i guess its just her way of showing me she can be a boyfriend too and that i don’t need him?! idk! maybe tucker is trying to prove his/her dominance and independance after you poke and prod by humping !?

• skunklionshow
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                  1257 posts Send Private Message

I thought DH was about to have a heart attack looking over my shoulder….”what the hell is….OMG is that what I…OMG…gross!”  I told him it was bunny porn and he wouldn’t understand.  W/ either of my males, after humping occurred, during the hump, or leading up to the hump, I saw a penis.  I will try to take a pic of Jessica’s nether-region, she’s a female netherland and looks very much like Tucker.  However, she’s waaay fatter!

• Alicia Conklin
                                                                                                    Participant

Well I tried getting a better look tonight but Tucker is having none of that!  However, again no testicles showing and so with that plus not seeing any kind of penis after the hunting and the little dewlap going on I really think that Tucker is a she.  It’s just hard to call her a she because for so long I thought she was a boy..although I’ve always had my suspcionsonce the flopping started and I never saw any kind of penis and/or testicles.  And I DID press on it the other night and nothing came out.  I wish I could remember if it was a slit or a tub..I’m fairly sure it was a slit but it doesn’t look like I’ll get another chance to look as Tucker is NOT having that..maybe if I get some gloves!! Right now I’m scratched up lol.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                      Moderator
                                                                                                      22345 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Kokaneeandkahlua on 08/19/2008 11:30 PM
                                                                                                        I’ve snapped those bunny crotch pics before-don’t you feel like a perv? I feel like such a weirdo poking down there, and Dave just about had me commited for asking him to take pictures LOL I’m still working on him,

Did anyone else misread K&K’s post??????LOL

Viewing 48 reply threads
                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A So Tuckina? Tuckerina?