Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Snowball

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Stewart<3
      Participant
      15 posts Send Private Message

Hi, all hope you are having a wonderful day! I had a quick question about my previous rabbit who died a few months ago and I have no idea where to put this so I’m putting it here. Ok, so Snowball was about 3-4 when he died. Before he died he had diarrhea but got over that then weeks late I think he had a stroke of some type of something because his right side was “droopy” before rabbits die they lose appetite but snowball gained appetite like things he hated he started to love but then I noticed “dandruff” you could call it I was a bit concerned so I got something that would help with that issue but the day I got it I went to go put it on him and I found him lying there so I don’t know what was wrong and when I tried to get him to the closest vet that would take rabbits they said they only took local people because covid was happening so there was nothing they could do for him so I still wonder how he died because he acted as if everything was fine but then he was gone. Does someone have an idea of what he could have had because I don’t think I will be at peace until I know how he died?

• Stewart<3
        Participant

Also, I should have added this he was not neutered and so during the period of his death his testicles shriveled up.

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant
          743 posts Send Private Message

Sorry no help with why, but sorry the vets couldn’t make an emergency exception.  And even more so that you lost your bun Snowball. Hope someone with more bun experience can help out.

• Bam
            16872 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry you lost Snowball. We an only make guesses of what took him. Rabbits can get strokes, and I know of one rabit that got a significantly increased appetite after a vascular stroke. One-sided droopy face could also be a sign of an ear infection or e cuniculi. When a rabbit gets sick, fur mites might flare up and cause what appears to be dandruff. Rabbits tend to always have a small number of fur mites, but the immune defense keeps the numbers low. If the immune defense is challenged by an infection, it might not be able to keep the mites in check. The shrivelled testicles could be due to the rabbit pulling the testicles in (they can do that).

• Stewart<3
              Participant

Thank you so much for trying to help it’s been hard without him especially not knowing how he died and if he was in pain or not but seriously thank you for the help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Snowball