Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Smell Bum

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • xnovalentine
      Participant
      309 posts Send Private Message

I sort of asked about this the other day, Lulla’s poos have been very very smelly. It was suggested to me to try to get her to eat more hay because she doesn’t eat a lot of it. Someone (i cant remember who – sorry!!) posted a link to a website that suggests taking away the rabbits hay for three days and then letting to have this. Well, I am willing to do this because Miss Stinky keeps leaving her little presents everywhere and you usually know it before you look over to find your gift. I was wondering if it would also be practical to take away her greens and her pellets for a day or two and only allow hay. I was just wondering, if it is unwise I won’t do it. I was just trying to find a different approach to the problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!!

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Hello! It was me that posted the link about taking away the hay for 3 days. Taking too much away could cause stress, and the other thing might be that she won’t eat at all if only given hay and that would not be a good thing at all as they need to keep their GI tract moving (it could cause a bout of GI stasis). I would say try taking the hay away for 3 days first, then see.

• xnovalentine
          Participant
          309 posts Send Private Message

thankyou very much! I forgot to mention this in the first post – but lulla is getting spayed next wednesday. Will it still be okay to try to adjust this with her getting ready for surgrey? i understand its still 6 days away, but I dont want to upset anything.

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

hmmm… i dont know about adjusting a diet before spaying a bun… i was actually chiming to comment about the hay eating since Baby also didn’t eat much hay before.  i was actually a bit shocked to learn how much hay other buns were eating.  she was eating unlimited pellets & hay with about a cup of greens a day up until about a month & a half ago.  now she’s eating 2 cups of greens, a 1/4 cup of pellets & unlimited hay and she’s just now really eating more hay.  i figured out she really like the big long pieces and i can almost not keep up with handing  it out now (there wasn’t a spec of hay in her room this morning poor thing!)  i’ll bet after lulla’s spay you’ll be able to get her hay consumption up within a few weeks.

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t change anything then until she gets spayed. You don’t want to stress her out before her surgery. After she’s recovered you might want to look at her diet then. Maybe the spaying will help her stinky poo’s too.

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Sarita, keep everything the same and she recovers then give it a try.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Smell Bum