Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Small/mishapen poops

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • wumbo
      Participant
      17 posts Send Private Message

If anyone saw my previous thread (posted earlier today), you know I am now caring for a bun who was abandoned at my job (a pet store). He is 5-6 months old and a charlie marked lionhead. I took him home on Sunday night and have been noticing that his poops seem very small and sometimes mishapen. A worker for the local rabbit rescue agreed but said it could be that his previous owners, who abandoned him, maybe weren’t feeding him hay or just not feeding him correctly in general and this could be the cause for the odd poops, and it should get more consistently shaped and bigger over the next few days as he adjusts to his new diet. I am attaching a pic of some poops, all produced within a minute or two so you guys can see how small they are and how mishapen some are. He has had one double poop as well but he ate it before I could take a pic. I am concerned about megacolon considering his pattern. Let me know what you think!

• Sirius&Luna
        Participant
        2319 posts Send Private Message

Hi Wumbo,

Unfortunately your photo hasn’t attached. It only works if they’re uploaded from a computer, then you have to insert it into the post after you’ve uploaded it.

It’s great that you’re caring for this bunny who has been abandoned Since you’ve only had him for 48 hours, I wouldn’t worry too much about megacolon yet – I agree with the rabbit rescue worker. It could well be that he had a bad diet before meeting you, and he’s adjusting to the new diet.

That said, I have no experience with megacolon.

Small or misshapen poops can also be due to stress, or the start or end of GI Stasis. If he’s eating though, don’t worry about stasis, but it could well be the stress of all the changes in his life, and his new diet.

When you say he had a double poop, was it a cecatrope? Cecatropes are poops that bunnies eat, and are shinier and smellier than regular poops. They often look like a cluster of grapes (in miniature of course )

• Muchelle
          Participant
          1141 posts Send Private Message

For some reason there is a duplicate topic I’ve re-upped the picture over there: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/165808/Default.aspx

• wumbo
            Participant

So sorry! I would delete this one but I don’t know how.

• wumbo
              Participant

Hi! thanks for your reply. I don’t know if it was a cecatrope because it was only 2 small poops stuck together, not a bunch of them clustered like a cecatrope. But he did eat it.

• Bam
                16877 posts Send Private Message

I’ll lock this thread because there is another one here: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/165808/Default.aspx

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The topic ‘Small/mishapen poops’ is closed to new replies.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Small/mishapen poops