Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Small Poops?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Arsenic army
      Participant
      26 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone got a question here. I was checking out Smokey’s litter box today cleaning it out and noticed some small little poops. Like they are REALLY tiny. Is this normal at all or is he just not eating enough? Any help would be verry appriciated.

Thanks

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

sometimes really small poops like that can be a sign of gi issue – I would encourage Smokey to be eat hay, since it’s the best thing for aiding digestion. it also could be the stress of moving into your house and changes in his diet. Does he seem to be eating and drinking ok?

did they look almost like a cluster of grapes? those are called cecals and are they are important for rabbits to re-digest.

• Arsenic army
          Participant

Hello gravehearted, uhmmm yes they do seem too be like little clusters of grapes and come to think about it he hasn’t had alot of hay…i will need to go pick some up.

Yes he has been drinking LOTS…when i first got him his water bottle wasn’t working properly and he got very dehidrated….so i threw that away and now he is drinking from a dish an dis much better for him..he also poops alot…so i think he is pretty healthy…but one day i noticedhe pooped like cats and dogs do..it was just one big drop…i am not shure what that meens?

Thanks

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

Were his poops just loose once? If he seems to having runny stool, I would recommend getting him into a rabbit savvy vet. Since I want to think he’s still a very young rabbit and very often pet stores wean bunnies too young and this causes loose stool problems.

that’s great that you switched him over to the bowl, since water is really important for them. hay is pretty much the most important thing he can be eating – pellets are kinda like a convience food and aren’t nearly as healthy as hay. Since he’s under 6 months he should have unlimited amount of alfalfa hay. Once they’re older than that, it should be unlimited timothy, oat, brome or other grass hay.

• Theresa Moan
              Participant
              249 posts Send Private Message

Just make sure he has plenty of hay and water! Those clusters w/ odor most likely are cecotropes, like we discussed. Good luck!

• Arsenic army
                Participant

yeah theresa they were awfully smelly and i have been feeding him lots of hay so everything is good thanks gravehearted and theresa

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Small Poops?