Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Small memorial for Sunny, 11ish years old

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • RabbitMom2020
      Participant
      17 posts Send Private Message

The (relatively short) story of Sunny, in the eyes of her Step Mom (my live-in boyfriend’s rabbit)

Sunny is survived by 1 sister Binky, and 2 hutch buddies Mango and Kiwi.

I have known Sunny since July of 2018.  She was an elderly bun even when I met her – Alan said she and her sister Binky were about 2 years older than Kiwi, who was 7 at the time making her 9 even then.  Even when I first met her, she was a shy bun who always hid behind her towel (which was Alan’s version of a hidey hole for her).   When eventually I upgraded her towel to a box, it was found that every once in a while she would like to hop on the box. And on the hay baskets I got for them – no matter how high I clipped them on their x pen!  I had to put a cover on their hay so she (and her other hop buddy Mango) wouldn’t just pee and poop on her hay all the time.

In the beginning, she did not like Kiwi.  Alan always said they didn’t get along.  But when we got 2 little baby buns by the name of T (for Trouble – always got under our feet!) and Mango, apparently Sunny decided Kiwi wasn’t that bad.  Kiwi was freaked out at first! But eventually she relaxed and they became as bonded as Binky and Sunny were.  All 5 rabbits were able to live harmoniously until T died from her Spay operation in April of 2019.  In May of 2019, when Alan and I closed on a house together, Sunny got to enjoy having complete freedom of our bottom floor.  She didn’t take to advantage often, but when she did you could tell it made her happy.  I witnessed her bink only once in the 2.5 years I knew her while she was exploring on a small area rug.

Sunny has been having multiple health issues the last couple years.  She had an abscess from a tooth and a benign tumor in her leg that we had taken care of.  The last month of her life, she started growing what looked like an abscess in her cheek again.  The abscess grew very rapidly.  The last 2 weeks of her life she had to be quarantined from her bunny friends so she could eat her Critical Care, soft vegetables and pellets since she was not eating her hay like she usually did – it was still available, but she couldn’t eat it.  When she finally got to get to her vet, the doctor called and told us the abscess looked cancerous and had eaten her jawbone… she would have had no more lower jaw if we wanted them to proceed with the procedure.  We had to make the very difficult decision that it would be better for Sunny to be put to sleep that day, January 15th.

I miss Sunny.  She wasn’t the most social bunny and therefore I am not sure if I have quite accepted that she is gone – I just kind of keep thinking she is still in her box, hiding her day away like she did so often.  Maybe she still is.

Mango and Kiwi

• RabbitMom2020
        Participant
        17 posts Send Private Message

Sunny is the white bun on the right.  The blue bun is Mango

Mango and Kiwi

• rose_bautista
          Participant
          8 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear Sunny left to see our heavenly papa or mama.  I wish you find some comfort in the company of your other bunnies. Death is such an ugly thing, and it hits particularly hard during the winter.  Sunny will be another friend in heaven for my bunny Lola who also passed not long ago, January 29th to be exact.  May both of them be binking in heaving, happily, at peace, and seeing how much we still love them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Small memorial for Sunny, 11ish years old