Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Sluggish bunny

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • jamiec
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone.

My bunny is usually really energetic and running round all over her boxes and digging into her phone books but the past couple of days when i let her out for her play time she just lays in her cage, or she’ll run around for about 10 minutes and then just go back and lay in her cage 🙁

Should i be worried or should i just give it more time??

any advice would be so helpful

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

i think there are lots of reasons a bun may act differently than usual.

first thing… is your bunny eating, drinking and pooping like normal?   if bun has stopped any of these please go to your vet asap.

next i would check bun’s tummy to feel if it’s bloated.  sometimes this can be an indication of stasis to come… in other words bun may still be eating & pooping but if there’s any tummy bloating they may need vet attention to prevent the bloated belly from causing bun to stop eating or pooping.  if bun *is* bloated and has not stopped eating or pooping you can try to gently massage her tummy and give some simethicone drops (sold for gas relief in babies).

my buns tend to go through ‘moody’ days from time to time when they stay put in their enclosures so if there are no signs of illness this may be the case with your bun.  i’ve found that other things like a new routine in their humans, new furniture, re-arranged furniture, new people or pet smells can also affect their mood. 

lastly, how old is your bun?  (sorry i forgot to check your bio first)  is this a hormonal thing?  if your bun is maturing and is pre-spay this can also affect her mood quite a bit.

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

The only other question I have is how’s the weather?  Is it really hot?  If not, I think you may want to call the vet.  Of course, today is a holiday and you have the weekend before you.  That ALWAYS happens to me.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

babybunsmum is right on… keep a close eye on her and how she’s eating, drinking, and pooping. she might just not be in the mood or it might be something more. along with knowltons, my first thought was also, is it hot where you are…

• jamiec
              Participant
              10 posts Send Private Message

thanks everyone!

she’s doing better now. Full of energy again! I think the heat must of been making her tired or something because we’d had a few days of muggy gross weather. But thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll keep those in mind if it ever happens again. thank you!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Sluggish bunny